vanilla oblivion texture issues

Lutine

I just installed a fresh copy of vanilla oblivion on my laptop, but all the ground textures are replaced with repeating overhead maps of Cyrodiil's cities such as IC and Bruma.

Wat.

Specs:

Thinkpad X201s

Intel Core i7 @ 2.13GHz 320LM(I think)

4GB DDR3 RAM

Intel HD Graphics(Unfortunately).

Edited by click1

Oblivion runs smoothly with settings at Medium high. It's a newer Intel HD Graphics.

OFC it won't be better than HD 5750 on my desktop, though. :wub:

Unless the HD Graphics is causing the issue?

Did you have Oblivion working on this machine and then it started this (maybe after adding a mod or something)?

It has no mods at all. I was intending to move all my mods from my desktop to here, but I did not.

So this started right out of the sewer or did you bring a save from the other machine?

I have saves from the other game on it, but I started a new game.

From what I've seen here usually graphics related problems (i.e. when the graphics card isn't powerful enough) start as soon as you exit the sewers. In the dungeon isn't too stressful for the graphics, but once you hit the outside everything needs to be rendered. Do you have things like trees and grass turned down as low as they'll go?

From what I've seen here usually graphics related problems (i.e. when the graphics card isn't powerful enough) start as soon as you exit the sewers. In the dungeon isn't too stressful for the graphics, but once you hit the outside everything needs to be rendered. Do you have things like trees and grass turned down as low as they'll go?

Once I hit outside, there's no hit in framerate, just silly looking maps on the ground. I believe grass and trees are in the middle, I think.

If it's a vanilla install and patched to 1.2.0416 I'd try moving the graphics sliders down to minimum and stay at native screen resolution for your laptop screen. If you don't get the issue then try moving the sliders up.

Edit: It won't cause any problems with a vanilla install, but if you've installed in the default C:\Program Files the Microsoft security feature UAC will cause you problems once you start adding mods.

Edited by Striker879