Starting with Morrowind - Your top 5 mods?

Matrimelee

Hi there!

After setting this up:

http://knotstheinane.blogspot.com/p/morrowind-modding-guide.html

I'm now looking for some good Morrowind mods which add a lot of great game content to the game, like quests mods, armor shops and other stuff. And since I'm pretty new to the Morrowind mod scene I want to ask you guys what mods I definitely should download (top 5 would be nice).

And since I already have maxed out the Morrowind graphics I don't need any graphic, texture & meshes and whatever replacer mods. Just game content. :turned:

Help would be much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

The Facepack Compilation is an elaborate mod that alters all those nondescript faces in the game, giving everybody much more character.

The LGNPC series adds a ton of favorful dialog, plus new NPCs and quests to many towns throughout Vvardenfell.

Balmora Expansion really turns the place into the city it's supposed to be, with several more stores, a few houses, etc.

Constance is my favorite Morrowind companion. She doesn't have Jasmine's great script for attacking your enemies before they land a blow on you, but it's just as well, since Constance isn't much of a fighter. What she has is wonderful character, and an ability to be both annoying and endearing at the same time.

Wrye Mash isn't a mod, but it allows you to safely add, rearrange, remove, redate, etc, Morrowind mods without much of the data corruption that used to occur. I also recommend the Morrowind Code Patch to kill save game corruption.

With the 2 addons and even half of whats in the guide set up list will give you quite a bit to play with. Things like "where the birds" and "Waterlife" (dont think I saw that in guide list) give you some extra things to do other than visual. I was never partial to the balmora expansion myself i prefer Vality's Balmora Mod (and the other Vality's as well). Seedy Almalexia District is another nice one. And OFC Metal Queen adds some xtra quest stuff (although I hate to say it here :O The song drove me nuts had to take that out). Ive also found that even with all the texture replaced with the vis paks in the guide there are some smaller over looked things and smaller simple item replacers such as Better Vials which goes well with GraphicHerbalism (a very nice crafting mod) and BetterBlood (just not right seeing such low textured blood with the surroundings looking so good) Been a while since ive played and I have so many mods/addons/landmasses I cant think of ones Ive considered favorites (not to mention after the MGE came out I spent more time just running around looking than playing hehe)