Was Wondering

Zerotix

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to give you some unpopular advice, but since you are willing to reinstall the game anyway, you might try this first just to see if it works. Go into OBMM and have it remove BSA edits. Quit OBMM. Back up your .bsas somewhere safe like your documents folder. Not the desktop. Never leave anything important on the desktop.

*deep breath, here goes*

Now that you have backed up your .bsas, and since you are prepared to reinstall if necessary, do what Qarl said to do. Yes, use alteration. Let us know if it works. If it doesn't work, your problem has to be a Windows problem of some kind.

I tried alteration the very first time I tried to install the mod. I just tried it again, thinking maybe something would be different, but the screenshot I posted is exactly how it looks on alteration as well. This is why I said I wanted someone to Skype me, so I could have realtime help and someone to tell me I'm an idiot where they finally find out where I'm going wrong haha.

You guys think maybe installing the game somewhere else would have anything to do with it?

What kind of Windows problems do you think it could be? I'm willing to try anything here :(

Edited by Zerotix

Are you by any chance using Vista or Windows 7 and installing the game in Program Files? It shouldn't be the cause of this, but Windows UAC (User Account Controls) does protect Program Files. Alteration should have worked even if redirection didn't. Something is very weird here.

Oh...do you have a data folder inside your data folder?

Haha that would be interesting if I did, but no.

I run Windows 7 and I have more than enough hardware to run QTP3.

I was installing the game on another partition on my main HD. I use it just for games. I never wanna install games in my Program Files folder. Even before I started downloading mods years ago, I always through it was too messy.

You'd be surprised how many people have a data folder in the data folder. Ok, is it possible for you to reinstall on your main partition in C:\Games\Oblivion instead? If I were you, I would try that using bben's advice here: http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

Make sure to use CCleaner (Or Revo Uninstaller) to clear out any leftovers in your registry as directed.

It's almost as if I was chosen to be the perfect candidate for modders. Before reading your comment, I had already uninstalled the game using CCleaner, wiped the rest of it clean from the registry, and re-installed the game into the C:\Games folder xD

Okay, before I take ONE step more, tell me what I should do after installing BOSS, OBSE, and OBMM.

Edited by Zerotix

Heh, you're good, I mean, we usually have to explain this stuff to people. That's why I am boggled why this isn't working for you. You are not only following instructions but in this thread I see you anticipating what people are going to want you to try.

Patch your game before doing anything else, but I bet you just did that, too, right? After that I recommend that you force the ini to regenerate by renaming the one in your MyGames, not the one in your game folder. When you launch it should redetect your hardware, and you'll have to reset your preferences. Some people also temporarily rename the save folder in case their saves have been corrupted. Relaunch to make sure that everything is working.

Well GOTY edition, so that was one thing that was ahead of me xD

But I did install SI and the Addons that came with it. I'm not budging though. I don't want to mess this up again lol

And here's a real time screenshot xD

http://i51.tinypic.com/30thsic.jpg