Merging Mods

Klipperken

So, FO4Editor has the option to combine Mods.
But most mods do not want to leave their "parent ESP" behind.
I wonder, what is the use of combining mods, if i cannot drop the respective "parent ESP".

Is there a way to actually integrate all my 600'ish mods into one single esp, and not need the 'respective parent esp'?

As long as an esp has a single type of group, but once a second group is in a 'parent esp' everything suddenly becomes quite a problem.
Now, i combined already a heap of simple single-group mods, but I am stuck on the multi-group mods.

Is there a way around this?

Thank you beforehand.

I prefer the manual form, so i can select what to keep, and what not.

Sometimes, such as for NPC's, I like to keep one change, but not another, for faces for one.

Now, how to remove the references...

I tried the cleaning option, but as soon as i disable them (not yet remove them, to be sure I still have them when error arise) the game CTDs.

Even with minor changes done to the new file compared to the original.

Seems it keeps to need the original.

Any info on how to remove the refs?

Thank you, brother.

I could just be doing it the long way and maybe there is asimpler way... but I copy over the data into the new esp, and then go back through and update all the references by hand, then clean masters... When I copy over, the references always point to the old esp's formID instead of its new one.. so it takes a long time to make sure they are all up to date.

If there is a faster / easier version of getting the references to stop pointing to the old file, I would love ot know about it lol.

Sounds like there is something you copied over that still needs something from the original mod that didnt get copied over.

No, tripple checked, and then again, it is all there, in the new file, but still, it keeps requiring the parent file for some reason...

I could just be doing it the long way and maybe there is asimpler way... but I copy over the data into the new esp, and then go back through and update all the references by hand, then clean masters... When I copy over, the references always point to the old esp's formID instead of its new one.. so it takes a long time to make sure they are all up to date.

If there is a faster / easier version of getting the references to stop pointing to the old file, I would love ot know about it lol.

Question is: how do i remove the references?

I too believe this is where things go haywire, but how to remove them?

On a different note: I downloaded this Merge Plugins program, pretty neat, if only it was compatible with FO4...

I cannot get it to work for FO4... :(

Well, I've been quite lucky with the other one thus far, but one needs the NV exes in the root of the game folder of FO4.

It works quite well.
Not that I have done a lot yet with it: extreme shortage of time, and been camping on the toilet bowl the past 16 hours. :sad:

Anyway, thank you, good Sir!!!!

Most appreciated, going to check into it. :smile:

God, back to the toilet bowl.

Crap my bad, it was the original Merge Plugins Script (what the standalone is based off) people had luck with.

But if nothing copied over is still pointing at something from the original mod and you removed any parent referance (by using "Update Masters" or removing them from the header) you shouldn't have any issues :confused:

Hmm, the last one, 1.9, seems Skyrim only.

It refuses to open up any other?

Edited by Klipperken

The Merge Plugins, not the standalone, does work for Fallout 4. You have to put it in the same folder as FO4Edit. You can't merge all your .esp's into one, but you can merge a good number, and lower your .esp count. Some won't play well with others. Look up youtube user Dirty Weasel Media and using merge plugins for FNVEdit. That will give you some more, probably in depth, explanation. I am running two myself. There is a couple of weightless items mods out there that spawn like 4 .esp's, total, got it down to one, and don't have to have the masters active. Also, did all the companion look mods that had .esp's as well. One thing about merging mods, you want all the mods that you want to merge, well .esp's, together in your list, somewhere. It can be the top, or bottom, or in the middle, your choice.