I saw the Skyrim symbol in Oblivion!

Dicecaster

Right, so I was testing out an Oblivion mod that I just got (Elven Map Redux). I went down near the bottom-left corner of the world map, and there was a stamp (along with info about the "map cartographers" or whatever); the stamp had the Skyrim symbol on it! I know I'm probably just geeking out about something insignificant, but is that not really cool?

@ub3rman123

No, I temporarily switched it to the original, and it was still there.

@scot

I'm not sure if such is the case (I did a couple of lazy Google searches that didn't turn anything up), but the point is moot because the Skyrim symbol was also part of the Morrowind symbol. Forgive me, for I am moron.

If you are familiar with the lore, you might know that it is a Akaviri symbol. When Akavir tried to conquere Tamriel in 2E 2720 (around 1500 years before the events of Oblivion) but failed, many items, architecture and symbols remaind in Tamriel, like the Blades armor, cloud ruler temple and indeed the famous Akaviri dragon banner wich is still the most important symbol of Cyrodiilic Empire. Edited by louvre

• 1 year later...

The Dragon Glyph in Morrowind and Oblivion are not, technicly, the Skyrim symbol. If you compare the two, Skyrim's is actually damaged, likely symbolisng the state of the Empire.

As Louvre stated, it's a standard symbol of the Septim Empire, particularly in referance to the Imperial Legion.