Does Steam prevent skeleton.nif substitution?

KingMudkip

Check whether BOSS is actually re-ordering the files - if not, you may have file date lock set in Wrye bash. I vaguely remember having to right-click the column headings and un-ticking the "lock times" option.

Telyn: OK, I'm familiar with OBMM. I'll give that a whirl. Did you have to do anything to make the custom skeletons work? Or did they work automatically?

Mark: Well, I don't use Wrye Bash, so I don't think that's an issue. Based on how the load arder changes in OBMM, though, BOSS does appear to be working.

Edited by KingMudkip

It's the BSA timestamps from what I've read (or heard rather). Load order, date of ESP or such things can't help. For some people it works, for some it doesn't, but Steam giving the BSA files a date far more recent than most replacer-type mods makes the game stick to the BSA files' contents.

Have you tried installing Oblivion somewhere outside of the steam apps folder, which of course also is inside the troublesome "program files" folder, already now? Shouldn't it be sufficient to only move Oblivion, not the whole steam apps folder? (Is this even possible with Steam?)

It's the BSA timestamps from what I've read (or heard rather). Load order, date of ESP or such things can't help. For some people it works, for some it doesn't, but Steam giving the BSA files a date far more recent than most replacer-type mods makes the game stick to the BSA files' contents.

Have you tried installing Oblivion somewhere outside of the steam apps folder, which of course also is inside the troublesome "program files" folder, already now? Shouldn't it be sufficient to only move Oblivion, not the whole steam apps folder? (Is this even possible with Steam?)

Moving a Steam Installation and Games

I did move my install, but not at first. I can't remember honestly whether I moved it before or after I had the custom skeleton in my game. I also initially set my game up using a guide, so I may possibly have reset the timestamps when I first installed. I'd be rather surprised if this is a Steam issue though since I have not seen this issue come up before in regards to Steam and I would have thought that with so many people using Coronerras Maximum Compatability Skeleton (over 57k unique downloaders here alone) and so many Steam users, this would be a very famous issue by now.

I tried moving the installation and it didn't seem to help. I'm going to play around with it today and see if I can make it work any better.

Anyone know how to edit a BSA timestamp? :P

Edited by KingMudkip

Okay, we've taken two steps forward and one step back. I got the skeletons to load (yay!) by following the advice in this post. The chest area still has human textures, but I know I've read something about that in Drake's mod's thread, so I think I can handle it.

The problem is, to get this result I had to switch from using BSA invalidation (the method I've had the most success with) to using BSA redirection. And when I do this, Robert's v4 stops working. So I'm going to so some more playing around and see if I can fix that.

EDIT: Banzai! Success! All I had to do was use BSA redirection in conjunction with my ArchiveInvalidation.txt, and it works great! Thanks for the help, guys!

Edited by KingMudkip

• 1 month later...