3DS MAX to NIFSCOPE question

JDGameArt

I'm having problems getting the base HGEC body mesh to not overlap, or come in contact with the top armor (while in game). Anyone know how to fix this? The top armor is running very close to the body's mesh. I'm not sure if need to do something during export, or some kind of setting in NifScope?

One thing Ive tried with some degree of success is deleting some body mesh verts that are close to the armor. Ive noticed though with many mods people leave the entire body mesh intact, and it works just fine... I'm just not sure what I need to do to make this happen.

Thanks,

Justin

I'm having problems getting the base HGEC body mesh to not overlap, or come in contact with the top armor (while in game). Anyone know how to fix this? The top armor is running very close to the body's mesh. I'm not sure if need to do something during export, or some kind of setting in NifScope?

One thing Ive tried with some degree of success is deleting some body mesh verts that are close to the armor. Ive noticed though with many mods people leave the entire body mesh intact, and it works just fine... I'm just not sure what I need to do to make this happen.

Thanks,

Justin

It's nothing to do with export - Clipping is just one of those facts of life. Only ways to beat are to delete body faces or check your vertex weights and make sure they are similar to the body underneath, other than that, make sure there is some more clearance in your armor ( a few milimeters can make that difference sometimes)

Btw, one quick thing to try might be to clone the body and attach it to the armor, then delete the body elements and resmoothe your armor/check materials if needed- this should mean you get pretty accurate weights near the body (bad habit but it works)