How to make attack animations that only affect the player?

NighTragEl4d

No, you don't need to script... There are a few ways to do it.

The easiest is to put you animation into the specialanims folder (you can rename it), open an .esp, in the NPC window goto player -> animation tab, and check the box for that file.

But you can also MAO tho seperate player and NPC animations.

No, you don't need to script... There are a few ways to do it.

The easiest is to put you animation into the specialanims folder (you can rename it), open an .esp, in the NPC window goto player -> animation tab, and check the box for that file.

But you can also MAO tho seperate player and NPC animations.

As Logicdragon reminded me, just be careful of doing that if you already have a mod that uses specialanims. Your esp or the other mod will overwrite it and it won't work. In this case you'll have to merge them.

MAO can also conflict with other anim mods, so be cautious if you use it.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

As Logicdragon reminded me, just be careful of doing that if you already have a mod that uses specialanims. Your esp or the other mod will overwrite it and it won't work. In this case you'll have to merge them.

You are right, if you have another mod (like MAO) that change player behavior, or if you use the same animation names.

Others than that there should be no conflicts. Only using Specialanims is no matter of concern. You can have as many mods you want for (different) NPCs and they won't interfere, if animation names are different.

Aha anyway i wish to add the animation for COH during werewolf form in my unnoficial update (there is one already) but the NPCs are using it (i copy/paste it to special animations).

Also there is a script in COH esp that accually toggles special animations (i tried that) but it didnt worked it only worked when i copy/paste it to special animations folder)

The NPCs are using specialanims with distinct names (ending on _coh)? I can't believe that. This can only be if the NPCs have these animations checked in TS, or if they are toggled with OBSE. So can you be more specific what you exactly do with which files.

OBSE's ToggleSpecialAnims only works under certain conditions (I use them in my NoMaaM BBB Theatre mod, if you look for examples):

- anims are located in the specialanims folder

- they don't work right away. the NPC has to be disabled/enabled, or the PC has to leave the area and return (so that the NPC has to be reloaded)

- after load savegame it has to be done again

I would also suggest that you check the return code. Has often helped me ...

One side node: in one of your files (Curse of Hircine Ressurection Sound addon and new walk animaations) I've seen that turnright/left kfs have the wrong controller values (e.g. right instead of turnright). In the newer mod it's ok.

Yea xD i was drunk when i import,right-left animations xD.Sorry xD.

Anyway ill try to work on this and test it we will see how it will be in the end.Wish me luck.

Oh yes btw when i toggled that special Animation the OBSE reported an error so here it is:

Could not find parent node extra data for 'BASE Weapons\CurseOfHircine\cidwwclawshield.nif'.

NiControllerSequence::StoreTargets 'Characters\_Male\SpecialAnims\viciousattackforward_coh.kf'failed to find target with the following identifiers:

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 JawBone

m_pcCtlrType NiTransformController

m_pcPropertyType (null)

NiControllerSequence::StoreTargets 'Characters\_Male\SpecialAnims\viciousattackforward_coh.kf'failed to find target with the following identifiers:

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 Twig06

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 Twig01

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 Twig03

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 Twig02

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 Twig04

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 Twig05

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 L Toe1

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 L Toe2

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 R Toe1

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 R Toe2

m_pcPropertyType (null)

NiControllerSequence::StoreTargets 'Characters\_Male\SpecialAnims\onehandattackforwardpower_coh.kf'failed to find target with the following identifiers:

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 JawBone

m_pcPropertyType (null)

NiControllerSequence::StoreTargets 'Characters\_Male\SpecialAnims\onehandattackforwardpower_coh.kf'failed to find target with the following identifiers:

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 Twig06

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 Twig01

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 Twig03

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 Twig02

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 Twig04

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 Twig05

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 L Toe1

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 L Toe2

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 R Toe1

m_pcPropertyType (null)

m_pcAVObjectName Bip01 R Toe2

m_pcPropertyType (null)

So if you understand about this errors tell me how to fix this,this error came up when i used "ToggleOn" Script in COH.esp.

Edited by NighTragEl4d

I don't know where the 1st line of you messege comes from (the one with the 'BASE Weapons\CurseOfHircine\cidwwclawshield.nif'), but the rest is apparent.

For a HUMAN (_male) NPC you are toggling an animation which wants the control bones like JawBone, Twig06, and so on. But for human skeletons these bones don't exist, and that's what this error message is all about.

I don't know COH. So therefore I don't understand what you are trying to do. Animate an NPC or PC? In case you want to do it as PC then I suspect problems with using ToggleSpecialAnims. But I don't want to speculate upfront.