Entire computer library gone

So I created a library to backup all the articles I had written for this site. Today I wrote a new one and went to save it in my library, which so far had worked fine. I went in there and it told me no folders have been included in this library. I found two of my past articles in the temporary appdata folder by searching for them in my computer. All of the other ones are gone and I have absolutely no idea what happened to them. Does anyone know if there's any way to recover my lost articles?

By the way does this mean my hard drive is failing or something?

All the documents were made with Microsoft Word 2007, and saved in .docx format if that makes a difference.

Edited by yoba333

Awesome. Recuva got them back for me!

It told me they were found in path C:/?/, so I'm guessing the folder they were in just disappeared, which is crazy.

Should I be worried about my hard drive?

Thank you very much evilneko!

I love Win7, but haven't gotten used to the "Libraries" yet. They're really just fancy shortcuts that are able to span multiple folders at once. All your files are still in folders somewhere on your drive, and a Library presents whatever's been "assigned" to it in a single view. If the link gets corrupted, the Library won't show anything , but all the folders and files are still right where they were... (wherever that might have been! :tongue: )