Hanging lights on wall

tomomi1922

Or pretty much hanging anything on wall, player built wall. Not sure if its just me or it is impossible to hang them on my newly built walls. I favorite light is the Industrial wall lamp, and it tries to snap on the floor (half way buried in the ground) and if I try to go up, it will try to snap to the ceiling (half way buried into the ceiling) .... or generally ... red. I would have to go very far and with any luck the light will coopoerate and be hung onto the wall.

It is an extreme pain to try to hang anything like this, fuse box, anything electricity. Haven't tried decoration yet.

On top of this, lights keep leaking to the upper and lower floor. Nice to have less lights needed, but my upper floor has this creepy bottom chin light effect like in horror movies. Especially when downstair is a community lounge with bright light, and upstair is sleeping area with dim candles.

That doesn't quite sound normal. Are you in tcl mode at the time? I find sometimes I have problems snapping stuff in that mode.

That said, in a pinch you can hang lights (and a few other things) from a power armor. Then get in the PA, move away, light stays put. If the walls don't seem to register, maybe try that?

I hardly touched TCL. In fact I had to look it up to know what you are talking about. And this happens over the span of time so it is not just 1 time I accidentally turned on tcl.

My problem is with player built stuff. I can hang lights on existing Vanilla structures without problem. My other problem with Vanilla buildings is that they do not snap with anything. Like the Hangman's Alley, a lot of those structures look exactly like the pieces we can build with. But they don't snap at all if I try to extend the floor or anything. So I am not sure if this has anything to do with light not snapping.

And for lights, whether Vanilla light (like Industrial lamp that exists) or lights given by Homemaker (they are still vanilla, but not available without Homemaker). Neither of them will hang on the wall without extensive attempts.

That doesn't quite sound normal. Are you in tcl mode at the time? I find sometimes I have problems snapping stuff in that mode.

That said, in a pinch you can hang lights (and a few other things) from a power armor. Then get in the PA, move away, light stays put. If the walls don't seem to register, maybe try that?

Why on earth would you be in TCL mode whilst scrapping/building? o_O

I asked about a problem placing items through a spawned workbench, where I could not place items on the ground, they simply "fall" through the floor.

Someone said, it could be scrapper mods doing this.

Haven't come around to test this, but he made sense...

Are you running any crapper mod?

If so, turn it off and retry.

If multiple: try shutting them down one by one, until, hopefully, you found the culprit.

IF this/these is/are the cause, of course.

Hey hey, someone asked if I was using TCL mode, that DOES NOT automatically made me use TCL mode. I stated clearly I didn't even remember what TCL was. And no, I have this problem since Vanilla (that the only mods I had was CBBE and some texture replacer).

So, it's not because I used TCL mode because I never used it. And no, not some scrapper mod because I have this problem before I even used Homemaker and Spring Cleaning. I even uninstalled them to test.