problem with mods need help

kendrickson

i have been having problems

i downloaded a few mods yesterday, let me give an example

lost paladins of the divines, worked fine on my old computer no problem, but i had a problem yesterday when i went into the ruin and all the werewolves were these big yellow marks, when i tried to obtain the armour i could not because i could not kill the leader with this problem, anotherthing is all armour mods, example nightshade armour when i put it on my characters body parts disapeare.

I have the mod manager, i repositioned the files from the selection, i installed the files by dragging and dropping it to a temorary folder then copy and paste them all the data folder.

I have the game of the year edition and installed shivering isles which someone said automaticly patches the game but i dont know

another problem is when i do patch the game it just says oldfile not found and some other stuff, i had this problem on my old computer but managed to find one that worked, now i cannot find any patch that works without saying that when i try to install, i tried downloading the patches from my country england, but it still does not work.

I just hope not to run into anymore of these problem, some help would be great thanks :)

Hi!

The big yellow marks are missing meshes files.

Please check if you copied correctly the mod meshes folder into the Oblivion\Data folder.

About "the older file not found" maybe you are using a "non original" Oblivion.exe file.

Hope this helps.

Xtudo

When you look in the game's Data folder do you see another folder named Data? A common mistake when copying and pasting is to copy Data and then paste into Data in the game's directory. This places your pasted Data inside the game's Data (which won't work). The rule of thumb when copying and pasting folders is alway paste into one level higher than you copied. If you copied Data then you paste into Oblivion ... if you copied meshes or Textures then you copy into Data.

besicly this is what i do, tell me if i am wrong

i have made a folder called oblivion mods inside that folder are other folders that are basicly folders i put different types of mods into, i did not create it in the oblivion folder it's in the bethesda softworks folder underneath the oblvion folder

so when i used winrar to download lost paladins of the divines when it was done on winrar i highlighted the files and dragged and dropped lost paladins of the divines into the quests , adventure folder that is one of the folders i made for the oblivion mods folder.

i then went into every downloaded folder that came with the download, meshes, textures so on and copy and pasted them all into the data folder, activated it played the game and the werewolves are a big yellow mark and many other things do not work which i do not understand because the meshes and textures are in the data folder along with the other files i copy and pasted from the mod.

If i need to patch the game i cant because it says old file not found, so i did what a few people said and renamed the launchers and stuff like that but that was probably not the thing to do. I also have shivering ilse that came ith the game of the year edition, i heard it was ment to patch the game but anyways, i also have the body disapearing thing when i put on any armour mods. Midas magic spells seems to work fine though.

The thing to look for when troubleshooting your copy and paste is whether or not the directory structure of your downloaded and extracted archive matches what you see after your copy/paste. The most common mistake, copying the archive Data folder and pasting into the Oblivion Data folder will show up as a Data folder inside your game's Data folder. Always paste into one level higher than you copy. If you copy Data, paste into the Oblivion folder. If you copy meshes or Textures paste into Data.