Parkour in NV

Kinos141

Trust me its to hard.

Buy BRINK and then maybe from there you can strip its movement tech and do it from there

Actually, I've program something like that in Unreal Script(Unreal Engine), but I don't know if FNV has traces, or a "I touched something" function/method. If it does, I can do it.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm actually writing a mod that does pretty much exactly that, or at least as much of it as the FNV game engine will let me.

Tuckered Out

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=45478

It started out as a dynamic weariness system, and has begun to incorporate a fairly sophisticated fall-and-jump system. Nothing as sophisticated as, say, Mirrors Edge, but it's a WIP and at least makes for more rational jumping/fallling than vanilla FNV implements. It certainly makes combat a bit more interesting.

And yeah, it's hard. A lot of tricky angle math, statistical gameplay balancing and trial and error. But not nearly impossible.

If you want to help, I'm happy to hear from playtesters. We've had some great suggestions so far, and most of them made it into newer versions.

Edited by Greslin

Damn I was gonna pimp your mod for you, Greslin ;)

So I guess I'm seconding Gres's post.

Couple Tuckered Out with Project Nevada for the sprinting and the cyberware, and you can actually build some really impressive characters in terms of what they can do. You won't have any cool animations, but so far my Cyborg has been able to get on top of buildings and then jump down (smartly, by using ledges) very effectively.

• 1 year later...

I saw Tuckered Out just by searching for the keyword 'Parkour'. I was tempted to search for mirrors edge, but I didn't. I would love to have a parkour mod for NV. It would make a lot of snipers happy. Then there is the problem of adding Nav-meshes to roof tops that don't have them.

• 11 months later...

Yeah, so making a mod to improve on the game engine's physics is possible. But, where parkour is concerned, what exactly does everyone have in mind? Building parkour courses? Or adding the ability to jump onto buildings (really easy to do), or possibly to climb them (pretty easy to do- concerning the actual scripting- but really hard to actually create, and sync the animations themselves, or it would only look good in 1st person). I'm just a little bit confused with what everyone is actually looking for here.