Recommend me some mods please.

V3teran

This is a pretty broad question that has been asked before so definitely try searching this topic for older posts. Here are some ideas that come to mind off the top of my head:

The IMAGINATOR - Brighten up New Vegas with better light and colour

NCCS - Want company early in the game? Includes at least 2 premades in Goodsprings.

If it's weapons you want, there are close to 1,000 weapon mods listed. When hunting deathclaws, I swear by by own 7.62 All-American Automatic, but weapons are a very personal thing and the Experimental Laser Katana may be just the thing for the Mojave Samurai in you.

A few other mods I like are listed in my sig.

Depending on how good of a system you have, you might want to try some of the more intensive mods. I use Ojo Bueno texture packs, increased wasteland spawns (IWS), Nevada Skies, Electro City and Interior Lighting Overhaul. Also, one that doesn't take up too much power is probably the Improved Sound FX - makes the game's weapons sound much much better. Also I would definitely second New Vegas Bounties I and II, but play them in order, and don't load them at the same time.

This is a pretty broad question that has been asked before so definitely try searching this topic for older posts. Here are some ideas that come to mind off the top of my head:

NCCS - Want company early in the game? Includes at least 2 premades in Goodsprings.

If it's weapons you want, there are close to 1,000 weapon mods listed. When hunting deathclaws, I swear by by own 7.62 All-American Automatic, but weapons are a very personal thing and the Experimental Laser Katana may be just the thing for the Mojave Samurai in you.

Is NCCS viable any longer? There is a notice in the mod description that says it depends on materials from a mod that is no longer on the Nexus [author was banned or something] - my reading comprehension may fail me but the notice made me believe that the mod would no longer work unless you had previously gotten the dependent material.

Is NCCS viable any longer? There is a notice in the mod description that says it depends on materials from a mod that is no longer on the Nexus [author was banned or something] - my reading comprehension may fail me but the notice made me believe that the mod would no longer work unless you had previously gotten the dependent material.

NCCS is alive and well and active. The author updated the master archive on April 28/2011 to remove that material dependancy, and he also posted about his testing under 1.3 everything is working A.OK (and this I can confirm since I have 3 NCCS companions I use, two of my own and one of his).

They did say they left the previous version of NCCS there as a courtesy for players who are in transition and may still have that older materiel.

Edited by drakeelvin

NCCS is alive and well and active. The author updated the master archive on April 28/2011 to remove that material dependancy, and he also posted about his testing under 1.3 everything is working A.OK (and this I can confirm since I have 3 NCCS companions I use, two of my own and one of his).

They did say they left the previous version of NCCS there as a courtesy for players who are in transition and may still have that older materiel.

Ah cool - now I may have to look into using NCCS :)