Character not equipping a shield

mccrab

I don't know if this is correct area for this problem, but anyway.

I made a shield in Blender and exported it. I used the shield option for weapon location when exporting. I created a new shield with cs and placed it on the ground. In game I picked it up and tried to equip it. but the shield won't show on my character.

So are you using the shield as a weapon? The weapon body location is actually the place where the weapon is holstered - usually on the back. I don`t know if there are any shields for fallout but if you have one then you can simply open Nifskope and <copy/paste over> the NiTriStripsData from your mesh to the working mesh.

LE: Oh man i forgot this isn`t a Fallout related only topic :) If you`re talking about Oblivion then try opening two nifskopes, the first one with a working vanilla shield (for example Iron Shield) and the second one with your exported shield. Expand branches (NiTriStrips) from your exported shield and right click on NiTriStripsData and select block -> copy. Go to the Iron Shield, expand branches, right click on NiTriStripsData and select block -> paste over (NOT PASTE). Now the model will be pasted on the Iron Shield. Select your textures and you`re done! Save your Iron Shield as your shield and use that.

Edited by Kaya47