The Infamous Wrye Bash

Hello there!

Today I decided it's time to move to Wrye bash from OBMM to avoid CTD's with mods like FCOM and stuff. I thought I was prepared enough to get somewhere, but apparently not. This is what I did:

Installed the correct files for both Python (first) and Wrye Bash (second). I then attempted to get it running and have failed there on. I feel I have tried almos everything and I have been trying for about 6 hours straight to get it working, searching all over the internet for answers. But to no avail. I'm on the brink of insanity and have found many troubleshooting's far too brief for my obviously slow and simple modding brain. :P

I'm working on my new PC and it's got windows 7 and I am by no means the only person to suffer this problem, but I couldn't make head nor tail of what others have found to solve it. If anyone out there could give me, in the tiniest and most patronising baby steps, a tutorial to complete installation (Seriously, I need them as small and consise as possible! :D) I'd be forever grateful.

I'm on a family computer and share it with my other two brothers. Guess who's the one who has to install all the mods ;P Any help would be amazing.

Baby steps please!! :D :D

Thankyou so so so much for any help!

Mark Sutcliffe

I've the same problem as the OP has. I've installed Wyre Python but when I go to install Wyre Bash it tells me that I'm missing some components of Python. I really hope someone can shed some light on this. I fear for my sanity if not.

You see. I don't have a problem downloading the Wrye Python or the files, as far as I'm aware. But I don't know where to go from there. I tried running Wrye Bash and nothing happens. Literally nothing. Even after following as many steps as I can on the picture guide (One step :S) and I can't get further. I haven't found a clear enough solution for me to follow yet.

Well, the installation is pretty straightforward which is probably why there's no step by step tutorial. Just make sure every component from Wrye Python 03a is installed and that should be it. Where is your Oblivion installed by the way? If it's in the program files directory it can cause issues with UAC. It's generally recommended to install the game somewhere else, C:\Game\Oblivion for example. If that still doesn't work, you can try the Wrye Bash 291 - BETA 2 Standalone Version too, it doesn't require Python. Heard it's pretty stable so should be fine to use.