Modding details? Ask away!

Amineri

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you have not answered my first question, but another thought.

Is it possible to mod start continent?

If you go under GameData.ini, there's a series of lines that start with PossibleStartingRegions=

According to somebody else I saw answer this question somewhere, you can just remove the ones that you don't want.

I need help developing a Red Fog mod

I was thinking of adding an effect so it would be like a debug effect like high cover is when you check the shot breakdown...

How do i achieve this?

I can see the effects have methods.. but i dont see how i would add these effects to start with? i need to hook up to something health related.. so everytime health is modified.. healed or damaged.. i wanna apply/remove this "injured" effect that effect your ability to hit stuff and move..

I was thinking something like

50-80% health = 0.8 aim and movement penalty

30-49% health = 0.6 aim and movement penalty

1-29% health = 0.4 aim and movement penalty

Ive been working from the defaultmod project and tried changing stuff in XComGameState_Unit .. but ive really not seen any results when trying do stuff with eStat_Offense <.<

ive never done unreal scripting before.. (i do code for a living tho)

Any help is much appreciated!

The Default'.ini are the ones which one should not overwrite nor delete. The XCom*.ini are the ones which the game actually uses and generates from the Default*.ini in case those are deleted.

As an example for what happens if you delete a(ll) Default*.ini:

---------------------------
Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger
An unhandled Microsoft .NET Framework exception occurred in ModLauncherWPF.exe [4868]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.
Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information.
OK

(and one obviously can not launch XCOM 2 then)

I know you have not answered my first question, but another thought.

Is it possible to mod start continent?

If you go under GameData.ini, there's a series of lines that start with PossibleStartingRegions=

According to somebody else I saw answer this question somewhere, you can just remove the ones that you don't want.

Thx, No Russia or Europe, But nice now I can start in US;)

I have had issues getting my custom assets working in-game, could you point me in the right direction regarding the necessary gamedata & .ini entries required for the game to properly load assets.

I tried by adding prop entries into defaultcontent.ini referencing the gamedata files, but clearly I've missed something as the kit doesn't show up on the characters. Do I have to create a custom mod to have the stuff working?