Modding details? Ask away!

Amineri

Is there any tooling related to maintaining (i.e. visualising, validating, authoring) the config data?

The behemoth of X2AIBTBehaviorTreeNode instances in DefaultAI.ini must have been a nightmare to develop if all they could do was slog away in their text editors of choice and pray for as few merge conflicts as possible.

There are validation checks made when config data is read in, and redscreens will appear in the case of invalid data. However the only way to tell is to launch the game in debug mode, which allows redscreens to be displayed.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Amineri!

Can you please answer how can I open a .bnk file in XCOM2? any .bnk browser I find doesn't open them. (filenot supported).

I really need to know how many lines each vanilla voice pack contains and what are the filenames.

When I create voice pack in XCOM2 SDK - I believe that the file structure comes from XCOM1 because it contains ArcThrower, Volunteer lines and so on.

I'm trying to add Somalia as a country for soldier customization but whenever I build to Debug it just says "There were build errors. Would you like to continue and run the last successful build?" with no extra information. On the actual log it says this:

"Done executing task "CompileScripts" -- FAILED.
Done building target "Build" in project "SomaliaMod.x2proj" -- FAILED.
Done building project "SomaliaMod.x2proj" -- FAILED.
Build FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped =========="
Here's a link to the download of the mod, if anyone feels like opening it up and helping me out :P Thanks.

Hi, Amineri!

Can you please answer how can I open a .bnk file in XCOM2? any .bnk browser I find doesn't open them. (filenot supported).

I really need to know how many lines each vanilla voice pack contains and what are the filenames.

When I create voice pack in XCOM2 SDK - I believe that the file structure comes from XCOM1 because it contains ArcThrower, Volunteer lines and so on.

Ah, for Bink files I'm not sure. Some assets created with third party tools need additional tools beyond what's provided by the SDK. Blender/Maya/Max for 3D meshes and animation, GIMP/Photoshop for textures, Audacity for sounds files, etc. So might need Bink tools to work with .bnk files.

Voice banks are in UnrealEd, so you should be able to see how many lines there are in there.

I'm trying to add Somalia as a country for soldier customization but whenever I build to Debug it just says "There were build errors. Would you like to continue and run the last successful build?" with no extra information. On the actual log it says this:

"Done executing task "CompileScripts" -- FAILED.
Done building target "Build" in project "SomaliaMod.x2proj" -- FAILED.
Done building project "SomaliaMod.x2proj" -- FAILED.
Build FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped =========="
Here's a link to the download of the mod, if anyone feels like opening it up and helping me out :tongue: Thanks.

You might check out this thread, which has some info on common pitfalls when getting build errors like that.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3771075-xcom-modbuddy-debugging-start-debugging/

Hi, Amineri!

Ah, for Bink files I'm not sure. Some assets created with third party tools need additional tools beyond what's provided by the SDK. Blender/Maya/Max for 3D meshes and animation, GIMP/Photoshop for textures, Audacity for sounds files, etc. So might need Bink tools to work with .bnk files.

Voice banks are in UnrealEd, so you should be able to see how many lines there are in there.

Thanks but I couldn't find Bink tools which might open these files.

Also I already have tried opening these files with Unreal Development kit and it couldn't do it. (it also doesn't open .upk files from XCOM EW for me though on forums they say it should).

I'll be grateful for any help.

Is it possible to alter the soldier roster view in a way so the stats like aim and current xp etc are shown for every soldier in the corresponding line? If yes, what classes are used for displaying the roster view? UIPersonnel.uc ?

Edited by Arduin

Hi, Amineri!

Thanks but I couldn't find Bink tools which might open these files.

Also I already have tried opening these files with Unreal Development kit and it couldn't do it. (it also doesn't open .upk files from XCOM EW for me though on forums they say it should).

I'll be grateful for any help.

You might look here : http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm