Modding details? Ask away!

Amineri

Is it possible to alter the soldier roster view in a way so the stats like aim and current xp etc are shown for every soldier in the corresponding line? If yes, what classes are used for displaying the roster view? UIPersonnel.uc ?

Yes UIPersonnel is it. I did some minor modding in this area for the Officer mod -- just adding an extra icon to indicate which soldiers are leaders, but this only displays in the soldier listing linked to the UISquadSelect.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to alter the soldier roster view in a way so the stats like aim and current xp etc are shown for every soldier in the corresponding line? If yes, what classes are used for displaying the roster view? UIPersonnel.uc ?

Yes UIPersonnel is it. I did some minor modding in this area for the Officer mod -- just adding an extra icon to indicate which soldiers are leaders, but this only displays in the soldier listing linked to the UISquadSelect.

Thanks for the heads up. Ok so I will dig a bit to see how and if I can manage to do what I want.

Bnk files are not bink stuff, they're wwise audio related (all this stuff is in the wwiseaudio folder under contents). You can find some basic utilities for converting .bnk files to .wem files, but the .wem files already all seem to be there (as big numbered files). You can then find a wem -> ogg converter to convert them to ogg format to listen to the raw files.

My speculation: I haven't looked in detail at making new voice banks, but my guess at this time is that the instructions in the docs and how to build voice packs for x2 will be slightly different from the way they authored the base game packs. They don't expect us to have access to the same tools they use, but they did provide an alternate way through the XComCharacterVoiceBank_X2 class, which doesn't appear to be used at all in the base game.

So, this will be a little harder to reverse engineer from the existing packs that are .bnk based, but there should be a path forward, at least. The docs are a little sketchy but try going into the editor and adding a XComCharacterVoiceBank_X2 archetype to a new package. Look inside there for the various cues you'd need to link up. It looks like they did provide some tools for how to more easily generate all the banks than the long, tedious method I used for EW, but I don't know the details of how it works yet.

Hi, Amineri!

Can you please answer how can I open a .bnk file in XCOM2? any .bnk browser I find doesn't open them. (filenot supported).

I really need to know how many lines each vanilla voice pack contains and what are the filenames.

When I create voice pack in XCOM2 SDK - I believe that the file structure comes from XCOM1 because it contains ArcThrower, Volunteer lines and so on.

Ah, for Bink files I'm not sure. Some assets created with third party tools need additional tools beyond what's provided by the SDK. Blender/Maya/Max for 3D meshes and animation, GIMP/Photoshop for textures, Audacity for sounds files, etc. So might need Bink tools to work with .bnk files.

Voice banks are in UnrealEd, so you should be able to see how many lines there are in there.

Thanks but I couldn't find Bink tools which might open these files.

Also I already have tried opening these files with Unreal Development kit and it couldn't do it. (it also doesn't open .upk files from XCOM EW for me though on forums they say it should).

I'll be grateful for any help.

You might look here : http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

Well if you mean SDK, then it's not avaiable for everyone. RADTools don't open these files.

I hope developers will do something about it - "Example voicepack" doesn't contain all the lines for XCOM2.

Amineri, thanks for your help so far. We managed to create the Somalian flag, and add it too the game, without overwriting others.

Now for our next question: How do we add voicepacks, why are there 2 upk files per voice in the template?

Like, we got: FemaleVoice1_Russian.upk, and FemaleVoice1_Russian_Data.upk.

Thanks in advance, you have been a great help so far! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=617852723 (Caution, test file, dont use on an actual save file)

Amineri, thanks for your help so far. We managed to create the Somalian flag, and add it too the game, without overwriting others.

Now for our next question: How do we add voicepacks, why are there 2 upk files per voice in the template?

Like, we got: FemaleVoice1_Russian.upk, and FemaleVoice1_Russian_Data.upk.

Thanks in advance, you have been a great help so far! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=617852723 (Caution, test file, dont use on an actual save file)

Am glad you got it figured out, and any small help I may have provided was gladly given. Very nice job!

Hi I would like to add in new names to the random pool of names for the both soldiers' nicknames and mission names. I know I edit the localization/xcomgame.int, but I want to see if I can edit it in Modbuddy. I remember that when I edited the xcomgame.int for nicknames for XCOM it didnt work when I added new entries. I would like to see if doing it modbuddy would make it work