Mass Effect 3 delayed

Retribution

I've been looking forward to ME3, but I think I'm okay with a delay. It shows that Bioware cares about polish and making sure that they release a good game when it's ready, rather than according to a strict deadline. That said, Skyrim has a strict deadline, but it looks fanta~stic and it's been in work for a while now. Probably a much longer development period than ME3. I'm fine with my 2011 game list being shortened by one title, it means I'll have a good way to kick off the spring! :tongue:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking forward to ME3, but I think I'm okay with a delay. It shows that Bioware cares about polish and making sure that they release a good game when it's ready, rather than according to a strict deadline.

Look at DA2, it was rushed and suffered for it in a big way. So, Bioware can't really care too much about polish if they released a game like that. No longer will I buy a Bioware game sight unseen as I would a Blizzard or Valve product. I just hope Bioware can regain people's trust, this delay would seem they do want ME3 to be good.

A fair point, I still haven't played DA2 and it's not really on my list - but it does look a bit "unpolished" to say the least. I'd like to think that it was EA that rushed DA2 and Bioware just had to grit their teeth and release it at the whims of their benevolent overlords but maybe I'm investing too much faith in Bioware. Edited by suidery

No, it was BioWare fault having too much expections and too little time. Besides, you can't assume that it was rushed, you have no idea of the budget they were given, the number of staff and the amount of time put in. There are just too many unknowns to make assumptions about DA2 just like there are too many assumptions to be made in ME3.

No, it was BioWare fault having too much expections and too little time. Besides, you can't assume that it was rushed, you have no idea of the budget they were given, the number of staff and the amount of time put in. There are just too many unknowns to make assumptions about DA2 just like there are too many assumptions to be made in ME3.

No, no, DA2 was rushed. That's a fact.

What fact? There isn't enough evidence to state it. You are making baseless accusations on something that didn't gave you the enjoyment that you want. I don't throw these stuff around because there are too many unknowns for me to make a clear judgement about it.

I hate to bump the thread for something like this, but if the soundtrack was rushed what makes you think the rest of the game wasn't? I'm sure that composing the score takes less time than the other parts of a game's development cycle, but still. :confused:

Of course, I can't judge DA2 too harshly as I still haven't played it. For the time being I'm trying to look at it objectively and find a middle ground between the opinions towards it.

Well looking at the Releases by EA this fall, I can see why they want to push ME3 back to the very easy months of 2012. Battlefield 3 will be hitting the shelves this fall right up against COD MW3, Bioware will also be putting out The Old Republic this year it seems like.

Well looking at the Releases by EA this fall, I can see why they want to push ME3 back to the very easy months of 2012. Battlefield 3 will be hitting the shelves this fall right up against COD MW3, Bioware will also be putting out The Old Republic this year it seems like.

I know someone who works at BW; he said these were the reasons:

Couple of things.

One is PSN being offline for so long.

The other is shrinking the team to move people to another team to get star wars the old republic out the door.

@Stardusk;

Interesting... and agrees with my conversations with BioWare staff reagarding other projects. Decisions about major projects are complex, include activities and priorities well outside the specific team or effort, and are frequently driven by things of which the customers aren't even aware. (Which doesn't stop the rumours and "bias confirmation" rants! :tongue: )