ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

[UDK] Is there any way to override only part of an object using .ini files?

BlueRaja

For example, here are some lines from DefaultGameCore.ini:

LootTables = ( TableName = "BlackMarketAlloys_01",Loots[0]=(Chance=100,MinCount=20,MaxCount=30,TemplateName="AlienAlloy",RollGroup=1) )
LootTables = ( TableName = "BlackMarketAlloys_02",Loots[0]=(Chance=100,MinCount=25,MaxCount=35,TemplateName="AlienAlloy",RollGroup=1) )
LootTables = ( TableName = "BlackMarketAlloys_03",Loots[0]=(Chance=100,MinCount=30,MaxCount=50,TemplateName="AlienAlloy",RollGroup=1) )

Say I wanted to edit only the MaxCount of the "BlackMarkeyAlloys_03" entry. I could of course do this:

-LootTables = ( TableName = "BlackMarketAlloys_03",Loots[0]=(Chance=100,MinCount=30,MaxCount=50,TemplateName="AlienAlloy",RollGroup=1) )
LootTables = ( TableName = "BlackMarketAlloys_03",Loots[0]=(Chance=100,MinCount=30,MaxCount=999,TemplateName="AlienAlloy",RollGroup=1) )

But then that would be incompatible with any other mod that wants to edit that same entry (the actual entry I want to edit is much, much longer). Is there some way I can edit only the one property? I'm imagining syntax similar to this:

LootTables[TableName="BlackMarketAlloys_03"].Loots[0].MaxCount = 999

Does anything like this exist? If not, is there another way to achieve this without destroying compatibility with other mods?

If there is a way to do this, I haven't figured it out yet.

The DefaultAIJobs.ini entries have similar issues, with really, REALLY big single line entries, and you can't edit just part of a line, from what I can tell. I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong, however!