QTP3! What am i doing wrong

sherm79

Hi everyone!

I've had Oblivion GOTY edition for quite some time but have just never gotten around to playing it. I have it installed and updated and wanted to install a few mods. Currently I have Better Cities working. However I have been wracking my brain for days trying to get QTP3 to work. I have downloaded the QTP3 full v1.3 mod and loaded it into OBMM and got the blue square, followed the readme instructions and have BSA Alteration checked along with "textures" and "generate archiveinvalidation entries on hash collions" checked and the "autoupdate on exit" checked. every time i enter the game none of the textures have changed. I even went as far as downloading all 11 seperate QTP3 files with the same results. I tried looking on the forums and the internet to correct the problem but I cant find an answer. One thing I have noticed is that my C:/Program Files (x86)/Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion/Data/Textures folder contains one file folder named "Effects" the only file inside that folder is "TerrainNoise.dds. Also in the Oblivion/Meshes folder, there are 2 subfolders named "architecture" and "oe". The architecture folder has a folder in it named "bravil" and inside of that folder is a file called "Newfencemid01.nif. The "oe" folder has a file in it named "Fun-Skelett.nif. I read on the forums here that one of those folders should contain around 90 someodd .dds files. I really want this mod to work because all of the videos and screenshots I have seen look wonderful. Any ideas on the problem? ? ?

Thanks for the help

Sherm

I recommend you to uninstall your game then install it to somewhere else, such as '(Whatever Drive name):\Games'. And, for Archive Invalidation, BSA redirection is recommended(for BSA Alteration if you don't know how to revert it, you may reintall your whole game), . Edited by LFact

I recommend you to uninstall your game then install it to somewhere else, such as '(Whatever Drive name):\Games'. And, for Archive Invalidation, BSA redirection is recommended(for BSA Alteration if you don't know how to revert it, you may reintall your whole game), .

Ok, so I have reinstalled the game to the following folder "C:\Users\Public\Games\Bethesda Softworks\oblivion. I only installed Oblivion and not SI and KotN. I have updated the game to the current version, installed OBMM, installed UOP and all 11 Qarl files in sequential order. I have all blue squares showing in OBMM and I have set the Archive Invalidation to "BSA redirection" with "Textures" checked, "Generate archiveinvalidation entries on hash collisions" checked, and "Autoupdate on exit" checked. I still see no difference when I load the game and am standing in the staring jail cell. I have also tried configuring different options in the Archive Invalidation menu with no luck. I would think that installing only these 2 mods should be an easy task and not eat up hours upon hours of troubleshooting. Can you think of anything else that I may be overseeing or just not doing right? ? ?

Thanks again

Sherm : )

'Generate archiveinvalidation entries on hash collisions' does not have any meaning for BSA redireciton. All BSA redirection does is add a dummy BSA file, then add its filename to Oblivion.ini. If you don't know how to do, delete Oblivion.ini under \(My Documents)\(Username)\My Games\Oblivion, launch the game to regenerate it, then install 'Archive Invalidation Invalidated'.

Ok, I did exactly what you said to do but there is still no graphic upgrades from the starting jail cell. I have checked the oblivion.ini file and I can see that the archiveinvalidation mod did install correctly. I'm still unsure as of what can be wrong, but I thank you for all of your help so far : )

I can't tell you for sure atm. However, I put the game settings on ultra and have the screen resolution set to 1900 x 1200. Not sure if that setting makes the textures large or not, but I will check when I get home.

Check your installation folders again - if you still don't have extra textures you may still be being nobbled by the UAC under vista or Win7. As mentioned above, install to <driveletter>\Games\Oblivion, not ANYTHING where windows is playing around with user access.

Copy that. I'll perform a reinstall and create a "my games" folder on the C drive so the path will look like "c:\my games\Bethesda softworks\oblivion", load OBMM, the unofficial patch and the Qarls mod and see what happens. I appreciate all of the responses.

Thanx guys and gals