Missing Pip-Boy

This happened durin the Friendly New Neighbours quest mod, pretty early in it. But I loaded later now back to a save at the Vault Entrance, and I kinda turned off the Friendly New Neighbours mod. But even without that mod the pip-boy was gone. I had Pip-Boy Readius, but then I deactivated that. And even then the pip-boy was gone.

Eh, Wut? :biggrin: I'm sorry but just sounded really funny,

Anyway, can you still "access" the pipboy? What happens when you press the button that brings up the pipboy?

Also, have you recently installed any mods that might interfere with this?

Edit: Ah, so that's the mod you installed. Have you tried looking in that mod's comment section to see if there are any others who might have the same problem?

About the console command: Don't know if there is such a command. I'll have a look.

Edited by BlackRampage

Yea when I press the pip-boy button all I can see is the hand, you know, the game does as its supposed to do, just that the pip-boy is missing.

I haven't installed any mods lately that has something with the pip-boy to do, no.

Have you played the Friendly New Neighbors mod? It might could be easier if you have.

No, I haven't played that mod.

Can't seem to find a console command that instantly lets you get a pipboy. Well, maybe you can insert it as one would insert another item as well by using it's base id:

So then the console command would be: player.additem 15038 1 100

I'm not sure whether you have to add it's health value either though. If not, leave the "100" at the rear out.

I'm also not sure whether the pipboy will be "auto-equipped" when you use this command, but it's worth a try.

Let me know how it went. :smile:

Edited by BlackRampage

So what happens when you use the console command? Does it simply adds a pipboy to your inventory? Does it do nothing? Or does it display an error message (in the console)?

Also, I suppose you don't have a savegame from before you installed the mod?

Lastly, does it happens when you load a savegame from another char? (if any) And does it also happen when you start a new game?

The Pip was just added to the inventory.

Well

I "lost" it when I was enslaved in the Friendly New Neighbours, cuz then I lost all things in my inventory, and then also my pip-boy (it got taken away, of course all my stuffs didnt vanish like the pip-boy)

So I have tried deactivating the mod like said, and then I went back to another save from before the place I loaded the mod in the first place. and then later from the first save at The Vault Enterance.(I guess that could be from "start a new game"?) This is where I tried the console command too.

Is it normal procedure in that quest to take have absolutely everything taken from you? (including the pipboy) If so, then there must surely be more people who have had that problem. Has anyone else reported it on the mod's page? Does the Mod author make any mention of it on his "description" page?

Since I've actually run out of ideas, I'd suggest looking there and if needed reporting this problem to the author. That's all I can do at this point.

Well, just after you get enslaved your gonna follow someone pretty long on foot. So that guy gives you a makeshift bed after some time travelling, and that is added to your inventory. So Im pretty sure the Pip-Boy is supposed to be there.

And in the mod description it says its no bugs in that mod alone, so...

Im really afraid I have to reinstall the game, but with all those mods I have I don't want to do it again (did it not too long ago) :/