Max lvl increase capped?

yerude

Hi, is the max lvl i can lvl up each mission capped by 1?

I never had a rookie in my team which became lvl 2 after a mission no matter how many bigfishes he killed.

Also did they changed the xp System? Do i get 1XP for each kill or how does it work?

Also i wanted to make a mod which increases the xp so i can let my soldiers die more often without becoming frustrated. Xcom2 is more difficult than xcom1 and i realy dislike save n load all the time.

I dont want to change the game to make it a piece of cake, just dont want to care so much if one of my best soldiers die.

I found

ForceLevelXP[0]=0
ForceLevelXP[1]=7
ForceLevelXP[2]=8
ForceLevelXP[3]=9
ForceLevelXP[4]=10
ForceLevelXP[5]=12

what does this one control?

but i didnt want to try out yet because i am playing vanilla first.

Firs i thought it could be the xp table but whats confusing me, every soldier will lvl up the first time they kill something.

ForceLevelXP[1]=7 <- 7 doesnt fit. This table must be something different.

Anyone knows where i can find the real xp table? And what is this array for?

Edited by yerude

Ah i found it myself.

I was just blind :laugh:

For everyone else who might be interrested:

DefaultGameData_XpData.ini

But something is interresting:

In this file we have some 20s arrays too.

Do anyone knows if the forcelevelxp array influences the other arrays?

And by the way, are there any tools which i can use for going throgh the code? In Xcom1 we used unreal editor and hexediting but for xcom2 there were official modding tools announced.

I would realy enjoy coding stuff without these stupid annoying hexbullshit.

BaseMissionXP[0]=0
BaseMissionXP[1]=0
BaseMissionXP[2]=0

(why everything 0?)

BonusMissionXP[0]=0
BonusMissionXP[1]=49
BonusMissionXP[2]=55
BonusMissionXP[3]=59
BonusMissionXP[4]=64
BonusMissionXP[5]=69
BonusMissionXP[6]=73

When do i use which bonux xp? Is it the sum of missions my soldiers did?

MaxKillscore[0]=0
MaxKillscore[1]=120
MaxKillscore[2]=120

why is this one capped at 120?

Edited by yerude

bUseFullXpSystem=false 

does it mean

RequiredXp[0]=0
RequiredXp[1]=1
RequiredXp[2]=70
RequiredXp[3]=160
RequiredXp[4]=305
RequiredXp[5]=520
RequiredXp[6]=825
RequiredXp[7]=1250

is used because the "fullXpSystem" isnt used?

Anyone tried out? There are required kills stated out. So do i guess wrong, that even if your xp is high enough, you wont be able to lvl up?

Well i am not sure because the full xp system is set to false. Wha i dont want to try all this s*** out, did someone alread did that?

KillMissionXpCap = 1.00f
KillXpBonusMult = 0.25f
NumKillsBonus = 0.25f

So killmissions xp is capped by 1. But what exactly or how excatly is this one capping the limit? 1.00 for 100%, 100% of what?

Same question for other values, 25% bonus for what? I guess this bonus only applys in kill missions so each kill grants 25% more experience. IS this a multiplicative bonus for each kill?

Lets say i kill 3 aliens my soldiers will get 75% xp bonus for the kill and if he kills 6 aliens he will earn only 100% xp bonus because it is capped on 1.00?

Or am i thinking completely wrong?

Edited by yerude

bUseFullXpSystem=false 

does it mean

RequiredXp[0]=0
RequiredXp[1]=1
RequiredXp[2]=70
RequiredXp[3]=160
RequiredXp[4]=305
RequiredXp[5]=520
RequiredXp[6]=825
RequiredXp[7]=1250

Anyone tried out? There are required kills stated out. So do i guess wrong, that even if your xp is high enough, you wont be able to lvl up?

Well i am not sure because the full xp system is set to false. Wha i dont want to try all this s*** out, did someone alread did that?

KillMissionXpCap = 1.00f
KillXpBonusMult = 0.25f
NumKillsBonus = 0.25f

So killmissions xp is capped by 1. But what exactly or how excatly is this one capping the limit? 1.00 for 100%, 100% of what?

Same question for other values, 25% bonus for what? I guess this bonus only applys in kill missions so each kill grants 25% more experience. IS this a multiplicative bonus for each kill?

Lets say i kill 3 aliens my soldiers will get 75% xp bonus for the kill and if he kills 6 aliens he will earn only 100% xp bonus because it is capped on 1.00?

Well Itried it out, I really did not see any diffrence. But I only did the first mission.

Did try to lift the RequiredXp[1]=1 to 500 no diffrence, and even though I tested that some did not even kill an ailien, the still got promoted to SQ. Wierd since I want a higher xp for RK to SQ and even xp per lvl like 500, 1000, 1500 and s forth. I would be glad to get this xp thingy sorted out.;)

tested out a little bit myself but i experienced the same weird results. My rookies instantly become promoted but no matter if bUseFullXpSystem is true or false, the kills i made didnt count.

Maybe it is some kind of exp OR kills? But would make no sense, how would you be able to do massive amount of kills without having enough xp?

Could be usefull for some mods which intend in increasing the required XP each lvl instead of decreasing it like i want to do.

Well... now i have a different issue. The balance of the game just totaly broke since i got the better armors. Now my soldiers didnt die anymore and the high tier skills are op like hell.

I think the last 2 ranks should realy be difficult to obtain else the game is way to easy. Doesnt seem to be well balanced this game.

Edited by yerude

tested out a little bit myself but i experienced the same weird results. My rookies instantly become promoted but no matter if bUseFullXpSystem is true or false, the kills i made didnt count.

Maybe it is some kind of exp OR kills? But would make no sense, how would you be able to do massive amount of kills without having enough xp?

Could be usefull for some mods which intend in increasing the required XP each lvl instead of decreasing it like i want to do.

Well... now i have a different issue. The balance of the game just totaly broke since i got the better armors. Now my soldiers didnt die anymore and the high tier skills are op like hell.

I think the last 2 ranks should realy be difficult to obtain else the game is way to easy. Doesnt seem to be well balanced this game.

I would like to mod so that both Healing, revive, taking ppl out of panic, carry ppl out on your back matters, not just killing.

In old Xcom I always made the last two levels hard to get. And that so they stay rookies and Squaddies a bit longer and then pretty even xp.

bUseFullXpSystem=false 

does it mean

RequiredXp[0]=0
RequiredXp[1]=1
RequiredXp[2]=70
RequiredXp[3]=160
RequiredXp[4]=305
RequiredXp[5]=520
RequiredXp[6]=825
RequiredXp[7]=1250

KillMissionXpCap = 1.00f
KillXpBonusMult = 0.25f
NumKillsBonus = 0.25f

Well Itried it out, I really did not see any diffrence. But I only did the first mission.

Did try to lift the RequiredXp[1]=1 to 500 no diffrence, and even though I tested that some did not even kill an ailien, the still got promoted to SQ. Wierd since I want a higher xp for RK to SQ and even xp per lvl like 500, 1000, 1500 and s forth. I would be glad to get this xp thingy sorted out. :wink:

I have tested some more, And to get them to promote by xp I set the kill promotion higher. I would love to be able to se how much xp my troops had like in LW.

This is my build.

bUseFullXpSystem=false

RequiredXp[0]=0

RequiredXp[1]=500

RequiredXp[2]=1000

RequiredXp[3]=1600

RequiredXp[4]=2300

RequiredXp[5]=3100

RequiredXp[6]=4000

RequiredXp[7]=5000

; Rookie difficulty

PerDifficultyConfig[0]=( \\