Fallout 4 invisible or missing textures

Omenpl

witch brings me back to my early'r post is this correct or not i need to see other people's ini files to compare otherwise i wont know if there's something wrong with mine. i simply need to know if my ini files are settup correctly because that's realy the only thing that i can fink of that might be wrong with my game at this point

Edited by schouwburg663

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK to recap, the original problem is that most likely NMM wasn't installing mods correctly because the open beta NMM is just extremely broken. Then it was discovered that you'd messed with the ini files in an attempt to fix it. I gave you the directions on how to fix your ini files. However the original problem is still there because NMM is still broken. We also gave you explicit directions on how to manually install your mod to get around the broken NMM. I can't make the directions on how to fix your ini files or how to manually install mods any simpler. I don't know if you just lack sufficient technical skill or if English isn't your first language and you're having trouble because of that. I also can't fix your stuff remotely. I think you may need to call in an expert who can physically help you directly on your computer. If the problem is technical skill, find a computer friend that preferably has game modding experience already or can at least understand computer directions. If the problem is language, find someone who understands it better. We've reached the limit of how much help we can provide on this forum. I'm sorry. :(

@damanding: sorry im bëing such a pain in the ass about this its just that im dutch so english is in fact my second language but that's not the issue here the problems that i follow'd all the steps u guys gave me and my texture's still dont show now its not an install issue because i checked everything and the mod should be correctly installed sinse it shows up in the plugins txt so the only problem that i can see might be with my ini files and more spesically the one's the game generated because the one's i made where all acording to the specifications given to me but the game generated ini files seem to be different somehow so far ive only looked at the custom ini file and it seems to have 2 extra lines to it but im guessing the other ini files might have some differents's as well my question is do i go with the game generated ini files or with the manually made one's because there different and that's realy the root of the problem here. 2 sets of ini files but only 1 can be the right set, but witch 1?

O and on the getting help comment: that's not gonna work because the whole programming thing did'nt get started till after 2000 there are relativly few people with the knowhow to do this stuff in my envirement, hell im a total noob at this but im probably the most knoledgable guy in my province when it come's to this stuff the dutch are a bit behind when it comes to internet use and complecated stuff like modding and such things. and in my case its more of an old dogs and new tricks thing as to point out my difficulty figuring this stuff out

Edited by schouwburg663

So you applied the ini changes to the files you made yourself instead of the game generated ones? That's not going to work. I told you to delete the files you made and make the changes to the game generated ini files. Secondly, just because the mod shows up in your plugins.txt doesn't mean that NMM is properly recognizing it. NMM is broken. Did you install the mod manually?

@damanding: Yeah it was a manual install. so rather than changing the ini's i made to match the game generated one's i should have modified the game ini's to match the specs i was given in previous posts? That should be easy enough i just hope it will work

Edit: it did'nt work and hé ive come to the conclusion that the modmanager is indeed broken and is in fact the main cause of my textures not working or showing up because after i disable'd all my f4 mods in the manager all of a sudden the pampas gear showed up in game again, i havent been able to try it jet do to my lack of resources/junk but im hoping it will work this time. So to make a long story short the change to the ini file's might have done the trick i just wanted to let u know that @ this point ive completely given up on the modmanager for now and i hope they fix it soon but its probably gonna take another 3 years or so because we got the same s*** with skyrim, it did'nt get good till its 5th year. So yeah im currently only using the bethesda mods @least until i know if my manual mods work or not, i hope they do.

Edited by schouwburg663

• 3 months later...

There IS an issue with NMM and Fallout 4 I will no longer be using it for this game. I have had to completely reinstall the game 3 times because NMM is f***ing up the mod installs... Half the files don't get placed in the correct locations. This is a FACT and nothing to do with my not having F4 set up for mods. I have reinstalled ALL my mods MANUALLY and they work without issue. Conclusion NMM has a serious issue. The last install my characters body .nif files vanished leaving messed up bodies in game. For the record I do NOT use body replacers such as CBBE etc. and I have ZERO mods that effect those files yet they were still corrupted by NMM, therefore there can only be some compatibility issue with the current build of Fallout 4 . I really feel for those who don't know how to install the mods manually.

Just to clarify I am ONLY having an issue with NMM and Fallout 4 NOT with NMM and any other game, works fine with skyrimSE, FNV, F3, Oblivion.. And please don't try to tell be I don't have F4 set up for modding.. It wouldn't work with manual install of mods if that were the case.

• 2 months later...

I believe i have found a fix for this problem, as well as adding the 'sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\' Under [Archive] in Fallout4.ini and the 'bEnableFileSelection=1' Under [Launcher] in FalloutPrefs.ini, (basically all the stuff you're told to do to setup Fallout4 for modding and stuff), also add

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

at the bottom of the [Archive] section in Fallout4.ini and leave a space between that and [Papyrus] (whatever the hell that means). This fixed the issue for me and it seems to work with both

manual and NMM installed mods.

Edited by MaximusWhitmus