25mm Shouldermounted Autocannon

Junnari

I thought of this the other day but doubted anyone would even bother doing it. But then you are at it again. Will there be any issue with animation, especially the lowered weapon animation when not aiming?

Suggestion, I actually thought of a slightly different concept. Since this is a very large caliber weapon, the built it into the armor. Now I know you can't make it mounted on a shoulder and have it retract to the back when not firing, but how about having it look like it is more than just a shoulder fire weapon (like Fat Man) but the weapon is wholly sitting on the shoulder, that probably uses 1 hand to operate (because all the weight is already on the shoulder).

i like this , it's just what currie needs ,a anti-hippie rifle ! i'm looking forward to it's completion . if only the ck/geck were out to make things easier (would it make things easier ?)

I haven't been using GECK with earlier Fallouts, and I haven't yet been keen enough to google its features out, so can't comment on how it'd affect my mods.

I thought of this the other day but doubted anyone would even bother doing it. But then you are at it again. Will there be any issue with animation, especially the lowered weapon animation when not aiming?

Suggestion, I actually thought of a slightly different concept. Since this is a very large caliber weapon, the built it into the armor. Now I know you can't make it mounted on a shoulder and have it retract to the back when not firing, but how about having it look like it is more than just a shoulder fire weapon (like Fat Man) but the weapon is wholly sitting on the shoulder, that probably uses 1 hand to operate (because all the weight is already on the shoulder).

The weapon will use the Fat Man animations as base, and is slightly more compact (but also longer) so there shouldn't be real issues with the lowered animations apart from the gun covering fairly large portion of the screen due its size. The reloading animation might have some flaws that I listed earlier, but it should be acceptable until the animations can be manipulated & the issue fixed.

The animations pretty effectively prevent it being in a fixed position on the shoulder, and since the gun will weight 40-60 lbs, I don't see it really optimal to use with a single hand.

I understood what you meant with one handed use, but it wouldn't really have much benefit over using both hands to hold the weapon. You might have the left hand free for use, but I would assume that you would be able to do only a limited amount of things with it whilst also carrying heavy object on your right shoulder and hand, meaning you could just as well use it to help control the weapon. A mechanized carrying/controlling system might help with this, but I simply see it more plausible that the weapon requires both hands.

You have a point. I guess what I said was ... to make it look like the thing is more rested on the shoulder than supported by 2 hands like typical rifles. Missile launcher is like that. But I was a bit hoping to see something like a shoulder mounted rocket launcher or giant gun like in mech game (or movies/animations). Will post screenshots if I find any

On another thought, I think this is your original direction right? I just didn't read it right.

Here.

http://www.gunjap.net/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/5295.jpg

Edited by tomomi1922

I wish I could make the image smaller, too bad I can't access HTML code here.

Anyway, while searching, I saw something like this, pretty cool.

http://pre10.deviantart.net/2244/th/pre/f/2013/352/d/d/fallout_new_vegas_shoulder_mountain_machine_gun_by_orangebluehue-d6ydksy.jpg

Something like these?

http://www.ps3blog.net/wp-content/uploads/predator.jpg

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marvelmovies/images/e/e0/War_Machine_at_the_Stark_Expo.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120530234739

I could check the possibility of making such at some point though at the moment it would be visually glitchy due the weapon being parented to hands instead of shoulder, but with GECK it might be possible.

The original and current design rotates around using Fat Man and its animations as base.

That weapon is the 10mm SMMG (shouldermounted machine gun) from FNV, I've already taken few ideas out of it, mostly with the shoulder pad.

Something like these?

http://www.ps3blog.net/wp-content/uploads/predator.jpg

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marvelmovies/images/e/e0/War_Machine_at_the_Stark_Expo.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120530234739

I could check the possibility of making such at some point though at the moment it would be visually glitchy due the weapon being parented to hands instead of shoulder, but with GECK it might be possible.

The original and current design rotates around using Fat Man and its animations as base.

That weapon is the 10mm SMMG (shouldermounted machine gun) from FNV, I've already taken few ideas out of it, mostly with the shoulder pad.

Ah yeah you have a much more tame version. What I had above look a bit gigantic. I personally do not like "bigger=better". On even survival mode I will not use Gauss rifle because it looks ... oversized like I can literately tip over (I have a silencer on it). I know it's a game and we aren't going for realism. But at the same time we play games to feel good. And it feels like we are choking if things look so glaringly out of place, like clipping, like weird animation, like oversized weapon. Big weapon is ok, just not cartoony oversized.

Thus I can't wait to see this SMMG of yours. When GECK comes out I suggest you animate a big recoil like someone really firing such a gigantic caliber weapon. I mean even a Desert Eagle would give a lot of people problems, now this 50 cal shoulder mounted ... can be very fun. :)