ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Weapon mods etc

Job4aCowboy

Hey,

I want to get into modding Fallout 4, specifically weapon mods etc, I have some limited experience with Nifskope, and know how to use FO4Edit from modding Skyrim. I know how to model etc, so it's just a case of getting my model into the game, setting it up for weapon mods, Animations etc.

Any tutorials about on this process? My searches have come up empty, and trying to deconstruct other .nif files to see how its done is giving me a headache.

Thanks,

Job4aCowboy

I am happy to contribute gun sounds, textures, and data for you. I want to start work on getting an S&W M&P .40 into FO4. If you can model, I can texture and add the sound effects, We'd need someone else to get the gun in-game as I don't know how to add standalone weapons or items to FO4 without use of a Creation Kit/GECK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppTXCJ0SZ88

That's a great video for getting meshes in game.

Ah yes, Already got this tutorial bookmarked, but thanks for the link anyways :)

I'm thinking more of the mechanics behind how the weapon attachments work, do I model everything individually? Like scopes, barrels etc?

What modeling software you are using?

If youre using blender/maya or something else you can use the tutorial above to covert it to a .nif,

3DS Max 2016 does have a .nif plugin that simplifies the process - https://github.com/figment/max_nif_plugin/releases

I'm using blender :)

I am happy to contribute gun sounds, textures, and data for you. I want to start work on getting an S&W M&P .40 into FO4. If you can model, I can texture and add the sound effects, We'd need someone else to get the gun in-game as I don't know how to add standalone weapons or items to FO4 without use of a Creation Kit/GECK.

Thanks for the offer, perhaps in the future we can work on something together, at the moment I just want to get a gun in game, and be moddable. Texturing and sounds is also something I'm already confident with.

Thanks for the help thus far, I'm looking for tutorials more specific to weapons though, for example, how to get the animation for shooting, reloading etc, and swap out models for others when modding, for example with silencers and scopes.

Thanks,

Job4aCowboy

You could try making a barrel or scope say for one of the vanilla weapons and try and get that ingame then once you've done that bit go from there. That's as far as I've got due to time and straining my eyes from modding! http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/17886/?

You could try downloading someone elses finished standalone weapons mod and look at their .esm, that may shed some light.

Sorry if that doesn't help much as far as tutorials go. The truth is out there...