ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Official Mods

Sypron

Unlike some people here, I did enjoy the official mods and would like to see more. I know the bethesda has finished up with oblivion (as I have said many times) but there are "clues" telling me that they aren't done yet. Lets have a look at the list of mods so far

DLC1: Horse Armor Pack

DLC2: Orrery

DLC3: Wizard's Tower

DLC4: Spell Tomes

DLC5: The Vile Lair

DLC6: -NONE-

DLC7: The Thieves Den

DLC8: Knights of the Nine

DLC9: Mehrune's Razor

(Taken from http://obliviondownloads.com/StoreCatalog_...ubCategoryId=1)

A quote from the oblivion wiki:

OTX: Is Bethesda planning any downloadable content after the release of Shivering Isles? Another expansion?

Bruce Nesmith (Bethesda Director of Design): We might do one or two more DLC things like the ones we’ve done before, but we don’t have any more plans for any other expansions or DLC beyond that.

So what happened to DLC6? It could be the Dragonfire Castle that got into the dev stages.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Dragonfire_Castle

So what do you think? Would you like to see more DLC, do you think they even will?

So what do you think? Would you like to see more DLC, do you think they even will?

My money is on a fighter stronghold of some sort... Couldn't be anything too great unless they had stuff they held back from the expansion. I'd hope they would fix more of their bugs first though.

Never liked the official mods, partially because of reasons eluded to above, also because I'm a poor male without a father and can use a construction set, why am I gonna toss money at bethsoft for a house mod?

Ive always thought it kind of wierd that they did a DLC house mod for mages, thieves, and assisins, but nothing for fighters. I think it would be kind of cool to see more DLCs, depening on the quality. But If they are only doing a few more, they probably wont be released as a colection, And I dont entirely trust D2D.

A problem is that they have already released "all" the DLC as a product. If they make more, will they update and upprice the product? or just only do them online?

My money is on a fighter stronghold of some sort... Couldn't be anything too great unless they had stuff they held back from the expansion. I'd hope they would fix more of their bugs first though.

Never liked the official mods, partially because of reasons eluded to above, also because I'm a poor male without a father and can use a construction set, why am I gonna toss money at bethsoft for a house mod?

Same here - I'm actually working on a house for myself right now, It's looking pretty cool if I do say so myself, Although I'm not going to post it - I made it for ME :)

Besides, With all these great free mods, Like OOO, MMM, Etc., Who needs ones you gotta pay for?

-Arch

Maybe because no-where else can you get mods that are clean, safe, bug free and high quality. Sure, OOO and MMM are good mods, but you just can't beat bethesda made artwork.

but you just can't beat bethesda made artwork.

A few 3d modelers i seen can :P besides, i never cared for bethesda artwork, it always seemed to uncreative and bland compared to modders work and definitly to small :dry: .

Woahh.... Play morrowind and say that again, or oblivion for that matter. You must remember that the only reason all these mods are out there is becouse btshda built that world :P

Indeed. Plus, cyrodiil is meant to be a realistic place, not so much fantasy. If you want more imagination go to the shivering isles. You can get a shield that is made from a horseshoe crab.

Archived