Lower brightness of Geoscape animation

onewinged20

Hopefully this isn't just me, but the animation when transitioning to the Geoscape (the one when you click on the bridge or the globe icon in the bottom-left corner of the Avenger screen) is blinding the crap out of me. I've gotten in the habit of closing my eyes, turning my head, or covering my eyes every time I click on the damn thing!

Side note: the only reason I know it's called the "geoscape" is because that's what they call it in the tooltip when you mouse over the globe icon in the bottom-left corner of the Avenger screen.

I have no modding experience beyond tweaking a merge patch here and there for Fallout New Vegas or Fallout 4, so I doubt I'm up to it, but I'm downloading the development tools right now to see if I can figure out how to do this myself just in case no one else does it for us. Or for me, if I'm the only one who thinks that screen is too bright.

• 7 years later...

Bump! This is driving me nuts as well! I did a google search and this page was found... I thought I was the only one who can't stand it! I too, close my eyes...it's absolutely blinding on my 55" TV and lights up the whole house every time I click on it... would be awesome if someone could write a small mod that either removes the animation completely or lessens the burn to my retinas!

Please help!  :)