Gamers Music Preferences

Lateralizm

Gamers Musical Preferences  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite genre, no subgenres. General area or nothing.

• Metal
    • Rap
    • Pop
    • Alternative
    • Other?
    • Classic Rock
    • Jazz
    • Blues
    • Classical
    • Electronica

Opeth

Devin Townsend

Mastodon

Get your pretentious Tool out of here, OP. :biggrin:

Well, Tool has been described as a band for people who wouldn't normally listen to metal and want a little more thought out of there music than just to feel kickass. The leader of Tool intentionally makes very vague lyrics so as for them to be interpreted differently upon the person listening. He is a pretty well rounded person. He actually hides his career from his kids so they aren't messed up as they get older. This is why he is always dressed weird or looks different every other time they see him.Hell, thats my opinion anyways. tehe

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metal

I generally like more classic and traditional metal. My rule of thumb to decide if I will like it requires that a band have talented instrumentalization, about decent singing, and decently poetic lyrics. I'll listen to modern hard rock type stuff on the radio, but my heart lies with Metal. I'm pretty open to what I will listen to, as long as I will be able respect the artist for their talent

I can barely pick a single favourite, much less a top 3, so I'll just list a bunch of my favourites.

Iron Maiden, Megadeth, 80's Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Dream Theatre, BLS, and a ton of other stuff. If I was forced to pick a favourite, it would either be Megadeth or Iron Maiden, but my choice would depend on my mood.

Also

Plus, most of the mainstream music today is auto tuned. If your voice needs to run through a machine before it sounds good, maybe you should work on your vocals. I know i appreciate when someone does not use it. Anyone care to argue? :biggrin:

This is exactly how I feel. People often criticize metal and rock vocalists, but if you were to have a pop artist and a metal artist sing without any enhancement, the metal singer would be much better.

Edited by Genzel

but if you were to have a pop artist and a metal artist sing without any enhancement, the metal singer would be much better.

It really depends on who you're talking about. Katy Perry is actually a good singer. Most metal singers aren't too special, but I'm going to go through my list of artists and pick out the ones who are. I'm talking about singing, here, not harsh vocals.

Neige from Alcest (Not exactly a powerhouse, but I think his vocals are beautiful)

Alia O'Brien from Blood Ceremony

The singer of Candlemass (I forgot his name)

Nearly every power metal singer

Devin Townsend

The singer of Ghost (His name is unknown)

Jex Thoth (Jex Thoth)

Aaron Turner (Isis) (I wouldn't really consider Isis metal, though)

Laura Pleasants (Kylesa)

Fursy Teyssier (Les Discrets) (Not really metal)

Mike Scalzi (The Lord Weird Slough Feg)

Troy Sanders (Mastodon) (He sounds absolutely awful live, though)

Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)

Uta Plotkin (Witch Mountain) (The best singer on this list)

Edited by Retribution

It really depends on who you're talking about. Katy Perry is actually a good singer. Most metal singers aren't too special, but I'm going to go through my list of artists and pick out the ones who are. I'm talking about singing, here, not harsh vocals.

I agree in that there are very talented pop singers, but I think many are very overrated; why else do they feel the need to use autotune?

I've been meaning to check out Tool, any songs anyone can recommend?

I agree in that there are very talented pop singers, but I think many are very overrated; why else do they feel the need to use autotune?

I've been meaning to check out Tool, any songs anyone can recommend?

Vicarious, Schism, Ænima, and The Patient. I love all of there songs except for the ones off their album Undertow. Don't know why but i can't seem to listen to those.\

Also, if you play an instrument, or just know what time signatures are, then you should know that in Schism they change time signatures around 50 something times and the time signature is like 7/8, 5/6, 6/8. Basically, they don't use music sheets, tehe

Edited by IIBlAcKLiGhTII