Just started playing Oblivion again.........Help please

DMC1648

Hello all. I use to play Oblivion back on my XP system and had forgot about the game tell about a week ago when i found my install cd's. I'm not use to the modding process so bear with me please.

My system:

Compaq Persario SR2173WM

mobo: Asus A8M2N-LA (NodusM)

Vid: GeForce GTS 250 (1 Gb Ram)

CPU: DualCore AMD Athlon 5050e, 2900 MHz

Ram: 3 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM

DX 11 / 9.0c

Mods Installed:

obse Ver 0020

FastExit2

Unofficial_Oblivion_Patch_v3_2_0 (self installer)

I installed the game minus Shivering Isles. I did try to install the Unofficial_Official_Mods_Patch_v15_Installer_Version-9969 for Knights of the Nine plugins but when i did try to start the game i got a small black box then a ctd. I then uninstalled the Unofficial_Official_Mods_Patch and the game loaded fine. The issue I'm having is that most of the time the npc's will walk in place and it takes a few save then load to fix them. My question is there a patch that fix's this, or can some one walk me though some settings to fix this?

Thank you for your time.

dmc1648

Edited by DMC1648

Can you post your load order ?

It looks like mod conflict/missing master files/missing races (if game crash right after starting new game )

Thank you, i did not think about that. I have uploaded a pic of the order.

PS: how would i go about changing the load order if its not correct?

Thank you for your time,

dmc1648

Can you post your load order ?

It looks like mod conflict/missing master files/missing races (if game crash right after starting new game )

Thank you, i did not think about that. I have uploaded a pic of the order.

PS: how would i go about changing the load order if its not correct?

Thank you for your time,

dmc1648

Better Oblivion Sorting Software.

Unfortunately, the in game data list is usually not in the actual load order, and does not support moving things.

Easiest way to see a true load order is by using OBMM, which not only does show the true load order, but also allows moving mods around in the order plus many other functions.

OBMM is a utility that runs outside of the game, not a mod so be sure to read the instructions for installing and for using.

get OBMM here: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2097

Unfortunately, the in game data list is usually not in the actual load order, and does not support moving things.

Easiest way to see a true load order is by using OBMM, which not only does show the true load order, but also allows moving mods around in the order plus many other functions.

OBMM is a utility that runs outside of the game, not a mod so be sure to read the instructions for installing and for using.

get OBMM here: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2097

Thank you all who have helped. I ended up uninstalling all of Oblivion and starting from scratch. This is what i have done so far. SS of OMM of the load order.

01) Installed Oblivion.

02) Installed Oblivion Mod Manager v 1.1.12

03) Patched to v1.2.0416.

04) Installed the Unofficial Oblivion Patch v3.2.0 OMOD Version

05) Installed the Knights of the Nine content.

06) Installed Unofficial Official Mods Patch v15 OMOD Version

07) Installed BOSS 1.65

08) Installed obse v0020

09) Installed FastExit 2

10) Defraged.

Thank you for your time,

dmc1648

PS: I ran BOSS and its telling me that i should add UOP Supplemental for additional fixes and all of the esp/esm "Needs TES4Edit cleaning". I looked this up and its sounds like brain cutting to me at lest lol. I DL'ed the UOP Supplemental and it just looks like a drop and overwrite fix, but the readme says you can use OMM to install it, but i cant find that way to do so. is it ok just to drop in and then sort using OMM?

Edited by DMC1648

Thank you bben46 for all the links to help me learn and all the others as well :) It took some hunting, but i found a guide on how to turn your favorite mods to OMODs.

the link is: HT-FD How to turn your favorite mods to OMODs.

I just installed the Unofficial Patch Supplemental's 334 manually, and the game is running like a charm, but every once in a bit the npc's (weather it be people animals or what not) will try to walk, but are walking in place and in most case's it task a quite / reload to fix. dues this sound like a bug that has been addressed or could it be because i have not installed Shivering Isles?

OBMM Load List:

Oblivion.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp