Catholic Church

LeTissier

If you have a divorce-type quest, you could tune it so there are a good number of possible outcomes.

Firstly, why the divorce? Incompatibility / Adultery (on male part) / Adultery (on female part) / Abuse (probably by male on female) / annulment (on grounds of non-consumation), etc.

Secondly, which possible solution? In each case there's a morrally "better" solution, and there's an official (Catholic) solution, plus solutions which fail on both counts.

Thirdly, can you manage to pick the best moral solution and fool the church into thinking it was the best Catholic one (playing the system).

A thought on the non-consumation idea - maybe a couple are marrying to seal a bargain, and someone wants to disrupt it so has cast a spell of impotence on the guy. Only indirectly a Catholic quest, but ideally suited for the Church to be involved - if the marriage is not consummated the vows are null and void, and the Father Confessor is trying to get it sorted out - either for the good of the couple, or because the chirch stands to gain property - plenty of ways to play every scenario.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a divorce-type quest, you could tune it so there are a good number of possible outcomes.

Firstly, why the divorce? Incompatibility / Adultery (on male part) / Adultery (on female part) / Abuse (probably by male on female) / annulment (on grounds of non-consumation), etc.

Secondly, which possible solution? In each case there's a morrally "better" solution, and there's an official (Catholic) solution, plus solutions which fail on both counts.

Thirdly, can you manage to pick the best moral solution and fool the church into thinking it was the best Catholic one (playing the system).

A thought on the non-consumation idea - maybe a couple are marrying to seal a bargain, and someone wants to disrupt it so has cast a spell of impotence on the guy. Only indirectly a Catholic quest, but ideally suited for the Church to be involved - if the marriage is not consummated the vows are null and void, and the Father Confessor is trying to get it sorted out - either for the good of the couple, or because the chirch stands to gain property - plenty of ways to play every scenario.

Thanks for this!

I'm doing the quests tomorrow morning

actually, you might want to have the Priest as a quest giver and add multiple quests, as he's almost certain to have an idea of all the local problems - from rats in cellars to "unholy" monsters and even ghosts in the crypt. Start with one or two small quests, then build them up as you go with update releases.

"Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. I have slaughtered countless bandits without warning." "Ahh, you may be JUST the person I need..."

In fact, "Forgive me, Father" would be a great name for the mod...

You might also want to read some of the Brother Cadfael novels by Ellis Peters - a 14th century detective monk. Might inspire more quest ideas.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Loved reading Brother Cadfael. Lots of good background there on the day to day operations and organization of a medieval English Monastery, and the culture of the period. A good set of mystery stories also. Highly recommended for both people interested in that time period and mystery fans. :thumbsup:

I am pretty sure an ecclesiastical divorce or a civil divorce was very difficult and rare before the 20th Century. Even today, an ecclesiastical divorce is a bit more difficult and time-consuming. A friend of mine who is Greek Orthodox had one a few years ago. My friend's wife left him and she also left the Church.

I think both parties would have to do a penance.

Just my 0.02, but I wouldn't make a Divorce quest.

I just need to make the catholic church faction now, but i cant find any good faction tutorials out there, can someone lead me to one?

I just need to make the catholic church faction now, but i cant find any good faction tutorials out there, can someone lead me to one?

In the CS just select Character / Factions, right click on the list of factions and add a new one. Select how they react to other factions, and its done. To make it joinable will be more work with ranks and dialog, but on the whole, once you find the faction dialog, it should be straightforwards...

Cant to the mod for a week because there is something i have to do in real life.

I already know how to create the faction, but i just cant understand how to make it joinable.

Can anyone here do modeling? Why not make real vestments as well. there are those black robes that look like cassocks, but real chasubles and dalmatics would rock!

I make these sorts of things for clergy (in real life).