Dual-Wielding, Blocking, and You

Jagex

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if it would be possible to fight with the left hand. That would help me get into the role-playing a bit.

Didn't they say something about that yu can equip any spell, weapon or shield to any hand you please?

I wonder if it would be possible to fight with the left hand. That would help me get into the role-playing a bit.

Didn't they say something about that yu can equip any spell, weapon or shield to any hand you please?

Did they? I thought I remembered reading something like that but wasn't sure if my mind was playing a trick on me.

Yeah, you can equip anything to either. Meaning left-handed heroes are a-go. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
I understand that you will be able to use your torch as a weapon. In Oblivion I always felt that you should be able to do so. This is a nice improvement in my opinion. Being able to cast spells with one hand and weild a wapon with the other is excellent. I just hope that they include a setting for maximim detail where I can see the damage my character will inflict. There is nothing like seeing an enemy turn into a light source or body parts go flying. :devil:

I am currently trying to get some information about this from Pete Hines, but he always talks in riddles.. reminds me of Gandalf...

Anyway, holding both buttons down is how you bash with your blocking hand, so it's not that at least.

I thought I read somewhere that if you're wielding two weapons that you'd have to dodge attacks. The only way to defend, if I remember correctly, it to use a shield.

I could be wrong, but if not, get used to weaving in and out of your opponents reach (which sounds badass anyways). Stunlocking the enemy with a sword in one hand and a mace/club/other stamina depleting weapon would probably be viable too.

Edited by AltreU

I thought I read somewhere that if you're wielding two weapons that you'd have to dodge attacks. The only way to defend, if I remember correctly, it to use a shield.

I could be wrong, but if not, get used to weaving in and out of your opponents reach (which sounds badass anyways). Stunlocking the enemy with a sword in one hand and a mace/club/other stamina depleting weapon would probably be viable too.

That's not going to be very effective unless they have a dedicated dodge button. :confused:

Edited by Jagex

Do we have anyone here who has some training in sword fighting? What would a dual weilder do in real life.=? In Oblivion they did have blocking with swords so why would they change that in Skyrim?

I too vaguely remember reading that dodge would be used.