Pre-order bonuses

antonkr

Nothing. In game pre-order bonuses are worthless to me. They only make the game easier, and I doubt it's very difficult to begin with.

I will pre-order, but if I get a pre-order bonus that adds some kind of free starter item I'm going to disable it.

Like how collector's edition of Deus Ex Human Revolution will give you 10,000 extra credits to start with. It's dumb.

Edited by Povuholo

Nothing. In game pre-order bonuses are worthless to me. They only make the game easier, and I doubt it's very difficult to begin with.

I will pre-order, but if I get a pre-order bonus that adds some kind of free starter item I'm going to disable it.

Like how collector's edition of Deus Ex Human Revolution will give you 10,000 extra credits to start with. It's dumb.

If the preorder / limited edition's give an in-game item, I hope it adds a quest for the item. Doesn't even have to be complex, just throw it in the deepest part of one of the hardest dungeons and tell us to go fetch, and I'll be happy.

I just don't want a repeat of New Vegas. (Where on hardcore you have to drink water, and the preorder bonus was a canteen with an unlimited supply of water.)

As far as pre-order bonuses go I don't really care what they throw in there but I just hope they don't have day one DLC. Just the thought puts a bad taste in my mouth. Bioware is a huge offender of this and in my opinion it is short changing the consumer. I just hope Bethesda doesn't get greedy and go down the same route.

I just don't want a repeat of New Vegas. (Where on hardcore you have to drink water, and the preorder bonus was a canteen with an unlimited supply of water.)

Wow... those bonuses are pretty pointless.

Like others here, I want content, rather than some random, worthless bonuses.

At the same time, it's rather galling that we're paying for pre-order bonuses to get these bonus content, while pirates will be getting the same content free anyway; though the people who don't pre-order, but pay money for the game won't get the content.

So, in these cases, I'd rather for some physical items, than just in-game content. Like a cloth map, physical art book, a coin re-creation or something.

... though I guess if you get the game on Steam, you aren't exactly able to get those stuff.

From what I understood, the "unlimited water" canteen was essentially just a script that would reduce the water need a little by just having it...not something you could actually drink water from or as a replacement water source. Yep, here are the details on the Vault 13 canteen.

The DLC's are fairly pointless to me and don't offer much. A modder could actually re-create the same content with just a little bit of effort. This is NOT what I'd like to see from such things but then again, I'm sure they wanted to make sure people did not feel like they were missing out if they did not get the pre-order freebie and they certainly are not worth paying for the game multiple-times over to have 'em...even for completionists. :rolleyes: