A Guide to HDT-SMP Users/Modders

treota

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a question that's sort of been answered elsewhere, but never explicitly (at least not that I've seen).

Is this a drop in replacement for HDT PE? Meaning, can I just uninstall that, and then install (following the LL guide) HDT SMP and expect everything to work without editing any other files or making any xml's of my own?

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Sort of, most PE armor has the hard part done already (weight mapping). You can pretty much just plug your body physics xml into the armor and be good to go.

The problem with that is the severe lack of any standard naming convention amongst mods (worst offenders are bulk armor packs that have inconsistent names >.<), means you have to add a 'link' entry to your defaultBBPS.xml for basically every armor that you want to be SMP active.

This will also just flat out not work at all for anything with custom bones in it, that will require a custom physics definition xml.

The bright side is that linking PE armor to SMP is a pretty easy process -> https://www.loverslab.com/topic/89576-10-minutes-or-less-guide-to-making-your-entire-hdt-pe-armor-library-jiggle-with-smp/

Also on the bright side, there seems to be an increasing amount of native SMP support in newer mods these days.

There have been some efforts to link armor packs already so you might be able to find a fairly painless drop 'n' go solution for what you are looking for. e.g. the world of bikini armor is addressed in this one:

(fair warning there is some more extreme NSFW content on this particular link)

Edited by treota

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Sort of, most PE armor has the hard part done already (weight mapping). You can pretty much just plug your body physics xml into the armor and be good to go.

The problem with that is the severe lack of any standard naming convention amongst mods (worst offenders are bulk armor packs that have inconsistent names >.<), means you have to add a 'link' entry to your defaultBBPS.xml for basically every armor that you want to be SMP active.

This will also just flat out not work at all for anything with custom bones in it, that will require a custom physics definition xml.

The bright side is that linking PE armor to SMP is a pretty easy process -> https://www.loverslab.com/topic/89576-10-minutes-or-less-guide-to-making-your-entire-hdt-pe-armor-library-jiggle-with-smp/

Also on the bright side, there seems to be an increasing amount of native SMP support in newer mods these days.

There have been some efforts to link armor packs already so you might be able to find a fairly painless drop 'n' go solution for what you are looking for. e.g. the world of bikini armor is addressed in this one:

(fair warning there is some more extreme NSFW content on this particular link)

Thanks. I'm glad I asked. That wasn't the answer I was expecting (I had come to the conclusion that it could act as a drop in replacement once you followed the All-in-one guide).

ive noticed some on loverslab have started working on more smp outfits for sse, im in love with the tail mod from their, one of the tails is set to copy hair color and it makes some wigs copy your hair color if u have them on 1st then place the tail. when looking for smp stuff it seemed like most were locked behind The Great Wall

I imagine that over at LL, HDT SMP is something of a high priority since that's the only kind of physics SSE has, and dem titties aint gonna to dance on their own (actually, with HDT PE they very well might dance on their own, something SMP is suppose to fix).

Don't know if this is the right place to ask but I have this issue with HDT SMP where, everytime a new cell is loaded, physics seem to go nuts for a second. Hdt necklaces, wigs and even the body look like they're stuck between cells as they stick to the load door and take a moment to adjust. After that, everything works great again. Has anyone had this problem?

Don't know if this is the right place to ask but I have this issue with HDT SMP where, everytime a new cell is loaded, physics seem to go nuts for a second. Hdt necklaces, wigs and even the body look like they're stuck between cells as they stick to the load door and take a moment to adjust. After that, everything works great again. Has anyone had this problem?

I had that problem with HDT PE, so I wonder if its an engine thing. As for SMP, I haven't tried it yet.

I had that problem with HDT PE, so I wonder if its an engine thing. As for SMP, I haven't tried it yet.

Ah interesting, I was wondering the same as well.

I have seen this in SSE occasionally, did not notice it in LE Skyrim.

Warning! Assumptions ahead.

From pure observation it would seem like the player is moved at some point during cell loading (or physics is being initially calculated from 0,0,0). SMP is applied before this move happens so the end result is physics that think that the player has moved extremely fast from point A -> point B.

It is also possible, if the physics are applied from a point far away from the player, that the bones are left behind and get gradually corrected by the constraint error resolvers (these apply force to counter 'drift' and push bodies back to where they should be). This would be consistent with what I have seen where the bones seem to slowly slide back into place.

This is probably fixable in the SMP layer by turning off physics / making all bones static until said load is completed. I don't believe there is anything that can be done on our end though.

Edited by treota