Red diamond with ! mark

so i recently started a new game, adding a bunch of mods and it seems like all the old ppl are messed up with the red diamond and !, easy pete, ruby nash and johnathan nash all have that so far, i havent gone further than that yet tho the mods im using are

lings.esm

caliber.esm

project nevada - core.esm

shojo race vegas.esm

aworldofpain.esm

project nevada - cyberware.esp

perkeverylevel.esp

tailor maid - NV.esp

Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp

ahzteks weapon mod

if anybody can tell me exactly what it is going wrong and how i can fix it i would be greatly appreciated, if not no big deal ill just have to deal with all the old ppl looking retarded haha

Means the game cannot find the meshes so you havent installed one or more mod correctly or its maybe missing a pre-req mod.

Means the game cannot find the meshes so you havent installed one or more mod correctly or its maybe missing a pre-req mod.

or you need archive invalidation... there is a couple of reasons.

or you need archive invalidation... there is a couple of reasons.

i tried that :S

missing A/I doesn't cause !

this problem is caused by missing assets

some mod is incompletely installed

for one thing, the assets are not missing, they cannot be found. there is a differance here

vanilla game characters meshes are only MISSING if the game didn't install correctly in the first place.

mods can create conflicts where meshes are overrode and can no long be found as the game will ONLY load one version of a file

archive invalidation attempts to rectify missing assests caused by the game engine not loading object located outside of .bsa archives.

I've solved a problem where ALL the custom meshes i made were missing for ammo and only ammo in a mod I made.

but completely custom meshes (from scratch, and non-existant in the vanilla game) worked fine.

to OP, try it, if it doesn't work turn it off again.

for one thing, the assets are not missing, they cannot be found. there is a differance here

vanilla game characters meshes are only MISSING if the game didn't install correctly in the first place.

mods can create conflicts where meshes are overrode and can no long be found as the game will ONLY load one version of a file

archive invalidation attempts to rectify missing assests caused by the game engine not loading object located outside of .bsa archives.

I've solved a problem where ALL the custom meshes i made were missing for ammo and only ammo in a mod I made.

but completely custom meshes (from scratch, and non-existant in the vanilla game) worked fine.

to OP, try it, if it doesn't work turn it off again.

guess you've never encountered a mod that changes a vanilla resource

so if this new mesh is missing - and the new mod points to it -- it's still a !

bringing us back to missing asset

Edited by Fonger

• 10 months later...