change miniguns clip size

Pahkiz

Hi. I find it funny that miniguns have really small clips/magazines. I try to chance it with FNVEDIT-program, But it seem like that highest number that i can but there is around 255. Is it possible to make this number like 1000-1200? I try to put those numbers in that column, but when i put there value 1000 and pres enter, that value drops to 232.

How can I make that big magazine, as the minigun deserves?

I am not an authority on this but I read a discussion a couple of months back about how you could increase it a bit more by adding a magazine extender mod. I don't think you can get anywhere near 1,000 but you might get it closer to 300. I'm sure with some searching of these forums you might find that other thread, its been a couple of months IIRC.

Just as an aside, in many tv documentaries I've seen, fighter pilots in the past often refered to their ammo supply in terms of how many seconds of fire as opposed to how many rounds, I guess it's easier for them to keep track by counting off the seconds in a dogfight ... no idea if that's still true of modern fighter pilots :D

AH, it's as easy as can be. you just need to get GECK, which can be downloaden here: http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Main_Page

Once you downloaded it, drop the files in the main folder of Nv, with the game launchers etc, not in the data folder.

Start up geck, and run it as admin (not sure if needed), Press file>Data, and first click FalloutNV.esm, and then set as active file. it'll take LONG to load, and might go unressponsive either, that's normal (at least for me :P)

After that, (If the minigun is a modded minigun) go to File>Data again, and select the file of the mod in which the weapon belongs.

Though if you're talking about the game's miniguns, then just loading FalloutNV.esm will do

Once loaded, go to Items>Weapons and find the weapon you want. double click it for the edit menu, and then it's just a matter of adjusting the clip size in the menu.

If you're done, save and close GECK, and yu should be good :D