Site redesign - 2016 Update #1

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #34757035. #34805540, #34889920 are all replies on the same post.

Raum777 wrote: Hi Paul; Welcome aboard the Nexus. I'm not sure how I should address this problem so I will try to let you know what others are having a problem with as well as myself. So; I will just jump in and hope I don't drown. I brought this problem up with Robin Scott once; but he just told me to put it in the forum. I did and got one person to finally help me after two years of waiting. Now to the point.

Paul; why is it that every time I sign out of Nexus Mod Manager and then later sign back in to down load a new mod all the mods already in NMM are pulled out of the Manager and dumped? I have to down load them all over again? I purchased all kinds of note books so I would know what mods were lost. I have been doing this at least four of five years now. Ever since Skyrim came out in !!/!!/!!. My friends helped me set up a game folder on my PC and it helped with some mods; but most of the mods made by Authors use the NMM even with the so called Manual download they are not loaded into the game folder properly with out being pulled out later from opening up NMM again. I may be redundant several times in this text, and I ask that you forgive me. Only with NMM will some mods activate in the game. If I'm speaking a different language here please let me know and I will reword this for you.

Mr. Scott did not get what I was trying to tell him. Obviously he did not understand the problem. Every time my PC reboots I lose the NMM Icon from my desk-top. I have to try to bring it up again from Nexus, and when doing so I lose twenty or more mods. This has been going on ever since I joined Nexus. Why does this happen and why can't I load these mods into my Skyrim Game folder manually and they work like they should? I have followed all the steps and only some mods work. When they are loaded into my Game folder they just sit there and take up space. Others will work and are in the game. When I check to see if they are in my loot or Wrye folders they are either there or not there.

It makes me crazy when I hear others having this same problem. You're a programmer; please help me and my friends on Nexus with this crazy problem. And as a follower of Nexus why do you not teach us how to set up for Nexus to begin with? Trying to teach some of us without proper guide lines is like having the dumb teach the dumb. Why does NMM have to dump any mods at all when closing or opening it up? Thank you; Paul and I look forward to your helping us.
Sincerely,
James Roby (raum777)
Xander9009 wrote: Well, the easiest solution for such a persistent problem that you're apparently not getting sufficient help with is to abandon it and use something that works for you. Mod Organizer is a fantastic program that you should definitely check out. It's a bit slow to learn how it works, but don't be intimidated. If you have problems or questions, ask its users how to do something and you're likely to get a response. If you don't get a decent response here on its mod page, it has its own forums you can ask on, where you'll get responses from very knowledgeable users, and occasionally even its creator and maintainer. Good luck with getting your mods to cooperate.

As an aside, how come you seem to sign out of NMM instead of just leaving it signed in? (Or does it sign you out when it's closed? I haven't used it in years since I discovered Mod Organizer, so I don't remember...)
seba1337 wrote: 2016 and not using Mod Organizer. Not that I have something against NMM, but MO tho.... it's another world. Incredibly more polished and organized.

Hi James,

I'm very sorry to hear of the problems you are having with NMM, I haven't heard of this before so thank you for bringing it up with us.

We have developers working on NMM full-time and there is a Bug Report forum here:
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/tracker/project-3-mod-manager-open-beta/ where you can submit any problems you are having, the developers are usually quick to respond and will be able to ask you questions that will help you pinpoint the issue.

I'm not qualified enough to give you an immediate solution to this.

Post into that forum and I'm sure that the guys will help you fix the issue.

Kind regards

Paul

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #34756810.

Pivotxyz wrote: Guys, a thing that I always thought could be good about the categories (its a simple thing), is to separate the "Models & Textures" to actually "Models > Clothing and Armor" and "Textures".

As for the new site itself, it looks good. :)

We've been having a lot of discussions regarding categories. Still haven't nailed it down yet though! It's complicated stuff :)

In response to post #34756715.

yzerman19 wrote: I have had one problem when use Nexus on my phone...when I try to look at the FILES, the drop down list disappears so quickly, I can't click on the thing I want to look at. Maybe this has been now addressed or will be in the near future. I use a Motorola phone.

We are going totally responsive, feedback from the focus group is that it now works incredibly well even on mobile devices.

In response to post #34753775.

moho25 wrote: @BlindJudge --

The mock-ups look fantastic, really nice job by all of you.

I'm eager to test out new filtering and search capacities; a refinement of the existing implementation has been something I've been looking forward to for several years now.

Thank you for your kind words! :)

Can't wait to show you the site working now.

In response to post #34753205.

khmp wrote: As I was viewing that first mockup I started to get worried because I can't read latin... What a relief the second one brought. Amirite!?... I'll see myself out.

In all seriousness, looks incredible. Good luck on making it reality. :)

Ha ha ha, it'll all be in English come the final product, the Latin is simply placeholder text.

Thank you for your kind words though, I'm over the moon with how it's going at the moment.

In response to post #34750330.

Beantins wrote: I really don't care how it looks - as long as the current functionality remains intact i'll be happy.

Love this site! If it increases the user experience then great, if you can attract more users and better advertisers as a result then good on you. Just remember the modders and mod users who've been using this site up till now.

We have users firmly in mind while developing the site. Intuitive, powerful and quick are what we are aiming for.

In response to post #34749425.

armymen115 wrote: I was alittle hesitent at the thought of the nexus getting a re-design. But after looking at the concepts I really love it. Keep up the good work guys!

Everyone is initially hesitant to change, way of the world. But I'm sure that when it is released people will love it.

In response to post #34747155.

janishewski wrote: Kudos on the new design. I know it isn't 100% accurate, but I like the direction it is going and the sleek new look. The site definitely needed a face lift and I like what I see so far.

I'm super pleased with how it is going as well, can't wait to get the final item out to you guys.

In response to post #34745820.

WarlordGamingYT wrote: I Cant wait to see the website like that it looks beautiful and fitting for this site that I spend hours upon hours on just going through the pages of the Skyrim mods and this looks like it will make that job a less of a hassle. Also are redesigning NMM? :)

It should make browsing the site far easier and user friendly. Sure that you will love the experience.
NMM will be having a facelift, though its priority currently sits below that of the site.