Site redesign - 2016 Update #1

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its not too late to add my 2 cents i think some sort of search to include e.g.

i want a mod that lets me do something particular like silent roll animation replacer....it would be nice if the site could find a match based on just subject matter

It already does. Have you ever used the Advanced Search functions? :huh:

In response to post #34959000.

aok wrote: Just tell me that the feature to allow offsite hosted images to show below the main image will be preserved (And hopefully given a larger format) It is essential to those of us doing story work and mod showcases in the image share.
Thank you.

Tried PM'ing this question but got no answer.
Would be reassuring to those of us doing showcases and story work to know if this feature will be preserved.
Thank you.

The worst thing about your site is while browsing mod files I click on one to learn more about it when I click the back button it doesn't return me to the page I was on but the page 1 of the list. If I was 50 pages into a few 100 page list of mods it is a real pain to work my way back to where I was in the list. This is with internet explorer I haven't used other browsers.

Hello, im a big fan of either this site and modern web design. After looking at the first mock, I was like "meh, im not sure how this will look when finished" and then I discovered the second mock, with better font, images and with more finished look and I was blown away.

THIS is how a modern redesign should look. Its an amazing piece of work and I personally thank you guys for pushing the idea of making a responsive site out of the "just an idea" state.

Certainly looking forward to actually see it live.

Again, thanks :)

The worst thing about your site is while browsing mod files I click on one to learn more about it when I click the back button it doesn't return me to the page I was on but the page 1 of the list. If I was 50 pages into a few 100 page list of mods it is a real pain to work my way back to where I was in the list. This is with internet explorer I haven't used other browsers.

IE is an old browser that Windows isn't supporting any longer. Their new browser is called Microsoft Edge. I have long used FireFox because it is far more versatile than IE. And I don't see your problem when using it at all.

Also I have seen browser hijackers do that. Some hijackers will not even be noticed unless you know what to look for.

I can't say I like it. The mods, news, media, should be on different pages. If they have to be on the same page I'd combine news and media and put it on a side bar. Way it is now very easy to miss, not many people scroll down. And if you're here just for the news, you shouldn't have to scroll down.

In response to post #35100855.

bben46 wrote:

IE is an old browser that Windows isn't supporting any longer. Their new browser is called Microsoft Edge. I have long used FireFox because it is far more versatile than IE. And I don't see your problem when using it at all.

Also I have seen browser hijackers do that. Some hijackers will not even be noticed unless you know what to look for.

This problem exists with Chrome browser as well, and has existed for quite some time, actually. At least for me, my search criteria are also lost. I am returned to page 1 of the "every mod ever, sorted by most endorsements" page, as if you clicked on the "File" menu header from the main Skyrim page. I've worked around it for a while by opening new tabs for each mod I wish to view instead of attempting to use the back button.

In response to post #35087280.

cynrossi wrote: The worst thing about your site is while browsing mod files I click on one to learn more about it when I click the back button it doesn't return me to the page I was on but the page 1 of the list. If I was 50 pages into a few 100 page list of mods it is a real pain to work my way back to where I was in the list. This is with internet explorer I haven't used other browsers.

Best way for me is to click on the mod using middle button and open the details for the mod on a new tab. Took some time to get used to it, but works like charm.