No more sliding please

LeoRuffles

I have hunted through every page that a mod for this could conceivably exist on and still I cannot find it. I have no clue how to make a mod myself even though I could probably figure it out eventually. By the time I do figure out how to make a mod I will have gone insane fighting this issue. I would like a mod that will allow me to walk the direction I am facing no matter the terrain. A lot of people note how they like realism in the game but how many of you start sliding sideways as you walk along just because there is a small tilt in the sidewalk or you are trying to walk up on a curb at an angle? I was truly surprised that there was not already a mod covering this little issue considering how unrealistic the behavior is.

When I play Oblivion on my Xbox I don't run into this issue except on fairly steep terrains so I can't figure out why it is so pronounced on the PC version. I hope someone will either take on this challenge or explain why I have to face slightly sideways to get where I'm going all the time.

I think it's inherent in the P version - the amount of slide towards downhill is not even remotely immersive, it just assumes that you'd slip down a slope if standing still, and applies the same slip even if you are walking and would, in reality, compensate for the slip automatically.

LFact, it's an optical mouse, not much to check on that. MarkInMKUK, thanks for the info but is there some way to make it go away? I'm a little surprised that the testers at Bethesda or 2K didn't notice this and suggest a fix of some sort. I guess that I'll just keep facing uphill while trying to sneak across those slopes to attack bandits, just wish I could look towards them so I know if they move.