can someone merge my 2010 mods for me ....please

happyyarou666

Thanks bro this is gona most likely make my brain explode.... o_O

but thanks and yall are most helpfull i appreciate it a lot , nexus da place to be ,btw if theres more feedback please dont hesitate , and where is da video tuts .... :sad: , peace out

If your problem is the mod limit, I think that merging mods with Wrye Bash is the way to go. Most texture/body/overhaul mods can have their .esp's merged into one batch patch without having to merger interior folders. Won't make your oblivion folder any smaller, but will bring down your mod count significantly, according to the game anyways.

Like...without Wrye Bash, I have 136 mods. With it, the game acts as though I only have about 80. But be careful when bashing - don't go fiddling with the options unless you know what you're doing. The program usually picks out the merge-able mods on its own so you don't have to worry with it.

Just one of many options. At least with WB you don't have to screw with any of the actual files and just make one plugin for multiple ones.

Wrye Bash*

Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide

*- be sure to install all required programs.

Edited by luxwing0go

There is, of course, one proviso - some mods catually conflict in the way they work, so no amount of merging will allow them to both work. Example - if two mods both change the destination cell of a door, only one can poaaibly ever work at once. Also, if you have two different scripts running from the same trigger, they may "fight" or one may always get priority, depending how they are written. Animation overhauls may also cause problems - you can't have two different animations with the same name, so one will have to be given priority. Finally, some mods are not as "clean" as they might be, and may actually not merge well due to internal errors.

You have 2010 mods. You have no way of knowing that all 2010 can be merged successfully. I'm willing to bet that some, at least, will come in the problem categories above. Just because you CAN merge mods, doesn't mean that the merged mods are going to work the way you expect.

Take a look at the mods, group them in terms of what they do. Cosmetic mods will probably merge ok. Landscape mods may need patches to work together, which you may have to create, or may flat-out interfere with each other. Scripted stuff such as quests may cause impossible clashes - if a npc has two different mods affecting him, the dialogue from one may not ever get triggered. All you can do is suck it and see. Good luck.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

thanks luxwing thou i already knew about bashed patch but to be honest it aint gona do much reducing max it reduces is about 60 mods , thats nothing seeing as i got about 2020 mods.... :rolleyes:

thou i thought i mentioned this already ....i got tes4edit tesgecko , most of all wryebash and the bashed patch aint shaving off much in numbers...-.-'

i wish em all would be bashable then itd be easy goin but ......life or better said the limited engine wont give us that now will it... :psyduck:

and thanks for pointing out the facts MarkIn the thing about 2 different mods interfering with one cell etc..etc etc etc....is exactly why i hate that there isnt a program that automatically sorts and reorders youre mods for you including setting up a proper load order and no BOSS isnt close to perfect but its a good start and not to forget clean them for you and do all the id renaming and merging for you....-.-'

im astonished nobody in all these years of modding has actually tried to create such an much needed programm , or to atleast remove the damn limit...-.-'....i cant guarentee any success thou im gona try it out , but what im mainly waiting for is for someone to post a REAL video tutorial not a video clip with pictures..... :rolleyes:

i sure as crap hope skyrim wont have these problems damn crysis for example had an ingame mod menue for christ sakes and thats fukin as old as tes IV and guess what ?...no mod limit.... :sleep: ......... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Mods cannot be automatically cleaned. It is impossible for a computer to do something like that. (Unless you are talking about a futuristic computer with artificial intelligence that can think, plan, learn, and grow and can apply its intelligence to any possible problem rather than just acting as an expert system.) So it is not logical to think that there should be a program that automatically cleans mods for you. A modder has to get into the CS, examine what the mod does and clearly define what it is supposed to do, and then carefully remove all the pieces that do not contribute to doing what the mod says it is supposed to do. You can't task a computer with something like that.

Someone will probably say, "TES4Edit automatically cleans my mods for me!" Wrong. It automatically cleans out one narrow category of mod dirt that the computer can generate a search algorithm for. It leaves all the rest of your mod dirt in there (the most harmful portion of the dirt because the automatic part only removes dirt that could cause a reversion to vanilla in certain aspects at worst.)

Certain things are hardcoded. You can't just step out and build a mod to change the mod limit. Modders only have access to TES CS. Modders do not have access to the base code such that they can just program an alternate version of Oblivion. Bethesda would not allow that and it would be against piracy laws.

You can't build a perfect BOSS, and it would be impossible with current technology levels for it to be automated in sorting newly created mods it has never seen before. The computer is not that smart and cannot make judgements on what is supposed to override what and how the game would be most pleasing and satisfying. People have to do the work. And the situation is not static. New mods are being created every day.

Here are some quotes:

You can take a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Even the most powerful king in the world on the greatest and most costly throne is still obliged to sit on his own rump - Benjamin Franklin

There is no royal road to math.
Edited by David Brasher

well all of it wouldnt be necesary if there wasnt that damned mod limit... :rolleyes:

thats all im saying....and well the automated sorting ..it was just a thought.... :biggrin:

anyhow if theres someone that would like to make a youtube video or such id appreciate tons and thanks for all the constructive and most helpful feedback , peace