To OC or not to OC

I cant belive nobody asked him what CPU does he use ,cuz if he use old Phenom series 1 not Phenom2 i wouldnt OC that cuz you wont reach more than 3.0.

Plz download yourself CPU-Z and post all CPU details , also model of your MBO and what CPU cooler you use , and model of your PSU unit then you can start asking questions should i OC or not.

Also BIG factor in OC will have does your CPU have unlocked multyplier or not.

Edited by Xenno

I cant belive nobody asked him what CPU does he use ,cuz if he use old Phenom series 1 not Phenom2 i wouldnt OC that cuz you wont reach more than 3.0.

Plz download yourself CPU-Z and post all CPU details , also model of your MBO and what CPU cooler you use , and model of your PSU unit then you can start asking questions should i OC or not.

Also BIG factor in OC will have does your CPU have unlocked multyplier or not.

In the starting post:

"I have been toying with the idea of over clocking my CPU, a AMD Phenom X4 2.6Ghz."

And I think this was already decided, that he can't OC without paying money he doesn't have, or am I mistaken?

No he did not say what CPU he have thats not model of CPU that only means that his CPU have 4 cores on 2600 mhz clock, model of CPU would be something like Phenom 9600 or Phenom 2 840 ... ... ... ...

And knowing model of CPU is very important in OC.

And i dont get what money have with overclocking CPU ????

Edited by Xenno

Overclocking the Phenom should be fine, regardless if its the second or first gen models. As for the PSU, it should be fine if its a quality unit.

I had my 4ghz OC'ed i7-860 + GTX580 running on my old 500w Cooler Master before I upgraded it to a 780w HEC unit early this year.