CTD at title screen. I found my solution

fungist

Hi.
I played 30 hours of fallout so far.
Started modding after the first 10, and then added more and more, the last 3 days i havent been able to

play the game anymore because of crash to desktop. I done 6 reinstalls these days, reapplying mods, and then CTD

at title screen again.

This also apply even if i remove all mods, and try to start the game, still had CTD, which is also the reason i had to

reinstall over and over.

I still could not figure out which mod that did this, even after so many tries.

Now, i found out why i get CTD and how to fix it, i still dont know which mod does this and therefore asking for some

assistance here.

I decided to make a fresh install in a backup folder which i just copied over, when my current install failed which is alot faster than a fresh reinstall.

So i always had this fresh folder available.

I started copying over all files one by one, that took a while, but after copying all files in the root folder, texture files and other obvious files without luck

i finally scored.

The "Strings" folder under "data" is what causing CTD (for me at least) all these days, endless nights.

I also noticed in some cases the files in these folders were actually gone, and other cases where the files were there, but game started if i overwrite them

with new files.

Is there any mod you guys can think of that would mess with these files? My mod list is around 40 files.