a secret we don't know?

bladexdsl

One never knows. I'm always running across something that I swear said or did something different the last time I ran across it. Again, though...I do find it interesting that the terminal talks about a possibly-illegally-modified Mr. Handy. Maybe the Mechanist is a pre-war ghoul? Maybe he was in that empty pod in Vault 111?

Every time I start a new character I pay really close attention to everyone around the vault entrance or anyone who's already in but I haven't found anything yet.

you didn't see deacon outside? :P

I believe it is either

- the terminal in the Glowing Sea at O'Neill Family Manufacturing which mentions the Mechanist a few times

- the terminal that activates the auto-detonation sequence of the giant Arc-jet engine you come across in the wild.

It could also be more abstract and refer to an airport or bus terminal though.

The fact that people have looked through every entry in FO4edit and come up with nothing definitive is quite interesting though - so maybe Todd is just hyping.

(Gives me de ja vu about finding the 'goose island' in Fable)

That terminal in O'Neill Manufacturing doesn't mention a Mechanist. It simply talks about their mechanic working on bots. One of the entries does mention a heavily modified Mr. Handy though.
So it said the word "mechanic" on the terminal, and not the word "mechanist" huh? You sure about that? Anyway, other than who is right / wrong about the spelling of that word, you are just guessing about its relevance the same as me, except I'm not shutting your theories down, because that's the opposite of working-together :smile:

Edit - it does appear that it says mechanic and not machinist / mechanist. So I admit that may be my mistake. It did seem to say mechanist when I checked around 1 week ago - following a thread - about it saying mechanist on those terminals. Now it says mechanic, so I'm mostly confused. I am happy to admit I'm probably mistaken but, I'm keen to know if they did once say mechanist and were changed recently perhaps :smile: all good.

Edit - I must have been high - it definitely does not say Mechanist. Lol.

One never knows. I'm always running across something that I swear said or did something different the last time I ran across it. Again, though...I do find it interesting that the terminal talks about a possibly-illegally-modified Mr. Handy. Maybe the Mechanist is a pre-war ghoul? Maybe he was in that empty pod in Vault 111?

He's a black guy that was born north of DC. He was in FO3