Who else is ready for Honest Hearts?

Lateralizm

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ready to venture to Zion?

• Hell yeah, them tribals won't know what hit 'em!!!
    • ...I don't wanna...

Who else is highly anticipating the release of Honest Hearts tomorrow? I know I am. I have been scrambling around the wastes for a steady supply of weapons, ammo, chems, armor, weapon repair kits, etc. Basically, if the Burned Man winds up being an enemy, he is going to by baptized a third time...

Me too. I have a level 45 character with four or five weapons and several hundred rounds and caps. If the game allows bringing equipment to the expansion, enemies will be bulldozed.

Can't bloody wait. I'm currently levelling up my first hardcore character in anticipation. He's a sneaky survivalist type, favors silenced weapons for getting close and magnums and SMGs when it gets hot.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2954/2011051600001.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Metacritic says it's gonna drop in about 3 hours, no reason to doubt them. I'm a night owl so hopefully I'll be able to get started tonight!

I've also spent most of the day debugging my load order to get New Vegas running as smoothly as possible. Sadly, Nevada Skies and URWL were causing me problems. But now my game is running as smooth as silk, with very few CTD's, so it's a worthy trade.

Edited by ccronin

Me too. I have a level 45 character with four or five weapons and several hundred rounds and caps. If the game allows bringing equipment to the expansion, enemies will be bulldozed.

No gear stripping this time 'round, but there will be a weight limit

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Dufeezy/No_gear_stripping_in_upcoming_DLC

Can you paste what is in there in a PM to me, or on here? I'm at work and literally nine pages of Google results for 'honest hearts' seems to be blocked. If you don't want to, it's ok. I'll end up downloading tomorrow morning when I get home anyway.

Can you paste what is in there in a PM to me, or on here? I'm at work and literally nine pages of Google results for 'honest hearts' seems to be blocked. If you don't want to, it's ok. I'll end up downloading tomorrow morning when I get home anyway.

Chris Avellone clarifies on the speculation that your items will be taken away again in the upcoming Fallout: New Vegas add-ons, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road in Bethesda forum:

In Dead Money, we did it for the survival/horror experience. None of the future DLCs strip gear from a player, although in Honest Hearts, because of the caravan journey you're on (and the distance) you can only carry a certain weight limit (which can be increased with skills and perks).

In both Honest Hearts and Old World Blues, you'll find out fast that you're in a difficult situation and need to finish the adventure once begun - but both adventures take place in an open world free-roaming location (similar to Point Lookout). Once there, you can tackle your objectives in any order or ignore them entirely. After completing the adventures, you can return freely to both locations from the Mojave.

In Old World Blues, it's very, very easy to return anytime you want, and we tried to make it as easy as possible for people to do so.

Lonesome Road is a bit different. As the name suggests, it's more a road that leads to an end destination (though not like any road you may have seen before), so it's structured a bit differently - you can travel it, and come back anytime you want. You can also return to it after the adventure is over.

Thank you kevkiev!

Believe it or not, despite having a capped character (console version) and a combined (PC and console) 60+ hours on it, I still have yet to actually beat it. That's mainly because I want to play every aspect of it first, as continuing after the ends isnt allowed. With the 'Lonesome Road' description, they kind of make it sound like you will be able to continue playing the game after you have beaten it. Anyone else heard/know anything related to that? Or even why Obsidian decided to have a final ending in a sandbox world?

Thank you kevkiev!

Believe it or not, despite having a capped character (console version) and a combined (PC and console) 60+ hours on it, I still have yet to actually beat it. That's mainly because I want to play every aspect of it first, as continuing after the ends isnt allowed. With the 'Lonesome Road' description, they kind of make it sound like you will be able to continue playing the game after you have beaten it. Anyone else heard/know anything related to that? Or even why Obsidian decided to have a final ending in a sandbox world?

I've read in multiple reports that there will be no Broken Steel-style DLC for playing beyond the main quest. The reason, I think, is because they would have to re-make New Vegas four times and that would simply be too much work. Without spoiling anything, it's fairly obvious that if, for instance, the Legion were able to gain control of New Vegas, it would look radically different than a New Vegas in which the NCR ruled without dispute.

Besides, the ending gives you access to way too much high-level kit and being able to hold onto it kind of breaks the game. But if you're desperate, I think there are a couple of mods which let you play beyond the ending here at Nexus. Or you could just make a save before embarking on the final quest (it's well-signposted) and then reload after you beat it.

Metacritic says less than an hour to go until HH! So pumped!

Well, it's 3 o'clock. DLC doesn't appear to be on Steam yet. I'll keep you guys posted if it shows up. Anyone having more luck?

EDIT: 3:30, still nothing. Come on Bethesda!

EDIT #2: It's 4 AM EST. I guess I'll go to bed now. I kinda wanted to download it tonight. Hmph.

Edited by ccronin