Wrye Bash, Steam and Obse 0021?

MikJames

So I installed the steam loader dll along with the other required files from the obse 0021 archive into my oblivion game folder. I enabled the in game steam community, and attempted to load up oblivion reloaded via wrye bash.

I can't access the in game oblivion reloaded menu and the console is printing out unrecognized script errors.

This would indicate to me that script extender isn't working for some reason.

I had it working just fine using Mod organizer under windows 8.1, now that I'm using windows 7 and wrye bash it refuses to load up.

Start the game (without Oblivion Reloaded if it is stopping the game from starting) and then make a save. Check your saves folder ... if OBSE is working you will see two saves with the same file name and different file extensions (e.g. MySave07.ess and MySave07.obse). If you are still seeing just one save file per save then OBSE isn't working.

Confirm the prerequisites are working, then work on OR.

Sorted it out, needed a plugin (menuque) mentioned somewhere in the impressively extensive readme.

Hopefully it will be added to the built in nexus plugin requirements when downloading oblivion reloaded, that would save quite a bit of confusion.

I always find that this method works great.

1. Decide that you'd like to try modA.

2. Download it to a folder and extract the download.

3. Read all the documentation that comes with the mod (admittedly some mods are lacking in that department).

4. Read through the mod comments, looking for the problems reported. Look in the comments to see the type of solutions offered by the mod author/other users. Compare that advice to what I've learned about the mod.

5. If I understand what the problems were and how the solutions worked, install the mod.

6. Test the mod until I'm satisfied that it works well with my playstyle and works well alongside my other mods.

Move on to modB, rinse and repeat as required.