Fallout - Through Dust and Bones

MajikMoshos

Would be nice to have weaknesses as part of the application. Filling out the application right now.

Hmmm, it sounds like a pretty cool idea Anton. What did you have in mind?

I'm thinking 2 thing -

a) Basically list things like Phobias, old injuries or disabilities (your character has a limp, or one eye, or s/he's even blind), allergies, personality flaws (obssesive, selfish yada yada) etc.

Or

b) A ridiculously simple system where you just label one or two skills as a weakness, ie weak speech or gun knowledge. Not too keen on this

I'll pick whatever's more popular unless someone can come up with an even better idea. I'll give you guys two days to choose, or I'll just go and pick one of these and incorporate it into the system if I don't get much response.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing some more applications!

More like A. For example my character can barely see with his eyes so he makes risky decisions when he shoots his sniper rifle.

A note on Locations:

The Coldlands area basically includes southern, central, east & north-eastern and southwestern Alaska - stopping before the irradiated crater that is Anchorage. Part of the coldlands extends into Canada too. The current main storyline is around southern Alaska - Map: South-Eastern Coldlands. 20 Kilometres is roughly 1.5cm on the image. The red star is Greater Anchorage.

I'm using google maps in 'show Terrain mode' so we can see all the snowy parts. Note that his isn't the entirety of the coldlands, so you can put up an image here if you want to place a certain settlement or location away from this part of the coldlands.

So far King Saturn's rule extends as far north as Healy, Alaska, and has settlements and outposts along the south east and into Canada, where some territory was taken from the Canadian Brotherhood. The fanatic tribals we're fighting now a has an influence around eastern alaska and west canada, and their home village is somewhere to the northeast of Healy. They're a fairly recent presence.

Anyway, if you guys want we can discuss the RP's place in lore, as well as it's backstory here now while others join. This should be fun - we'll build up an amazing background that I can put in the announcement post for future reference. It'll be great if someone good at either drawing or photoshop can make an impressive map so we don't have tons of images cropped out of google maps.

I can try making a map for you, I am a beginner at photoshop, so it should be a nice challenge for me :)

Sent me a PM about the details.

Okay I've got a basic idea in my head.

Iconwise - Stars denote capitals for factions, and settlements and outposts would be done in faction-specific colours. Small Settlements can be a hollow circle, larger settlements a full circle and Outposts get a similar system but with triangles. Other locations of note, perhaps including independant settlements, can be given unique symbols or just dots.

Now, Greater Anchorage is marked on my crude map with a star - for now it's at the tip of the Unakwik inlet, though that location may or may not change.

The old road tunnel and junk yard should be located in the mountain range just south of Canton, which we can presume is just a ruined ghost town full of Polar, Grizzly and Grolar (hybrid) Yao Guais. Maybe a crude, angry bear face could mark that.

Willow Creek and Izek's Village (revealed in my latest long-winded post) would be very close to eachother. Remember, Izek's village is not a capital but it is still notable settlement. Now for the Ikkuma tribe I'm keeping their capital a bit of a secret - only me and Fenix know know where it is.

Old Anchorage meanwhile should be marked with someting like a Skull and Atomic Symbol, since it's technically a 'dead zone' where there is no life. I've got plans for that place, though.

Anyway, let's keep discussing the lore and the maps people! Also, I might not be posting as much for the next two months - I'm gonna be on vacation. Don't worry, you guys are in a position to write all sorts of awesome sidequests and the like.

Sorry guys, my pc died (the motherboard got fried) so the map is on hold, and I have no idea when I can restart it...

I'll stay tuned to the RP through phone, so you won't get rid of me that easily ;)

Edited by Fenix HuN

• 2 weeks later...