1/2handed sword Gothic Oblivion inspired for Oblivion

RaffaelloG

Hi, I'm an italian Gothic/Oblivion fun. Recently i have drawn with autocad 2d, a set of 4-5 1/2handed Gothic -Oblivion inspired Swords, but the file is too big to be posted cause i'm a free user not a premium user and maybe my available space on this site is too little for this kind of file, so, if there's a modder interested in new swords could write me a private e-mail ad i send to him the .dwg

You can create an account with MediaFire.com and upload your file(s) there. Then copy the share link and edit your 1st post to include the link to download it.

MediaFire is my favorite site for this but here is a list of other free file hosting sites

LHammonds

LHammonds Here the link to the .dwg, I used Mediafire, Tell me than if you like the swords, sorry but i'm not a designer or an artist, you sure could improve much better my drawings. The Oval Gem fixed into the "forte" of many swords is blue or red like the Gothic magic ore and could be brilliant.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iw5wwkrhbx39ahv

Oh, LHammonds I have drawn also a 15-16th century stilish plate armor but I'm still working on it, maybe when i finish it i post my link in order to manage to you to dowload the dwg,

Edited by RaffaelloG

Both version of Blender I have installed does not like dwg files.

so, what do you suggest to solve this, file incompatibility.., i just thinking, 3dsmax is an Autodesk software like autocad2d, but 3dsmax file format is blender compatible? if was so, i could maybe, i ' m not sure of that but i could try anyway to install a version of 3dsmax, try to import the file into 3dsmax and than save in 3dsmax format, if could be possible,

Being the curious sort, I went looking for a way to open this file. The only way I found to do it is get the converter to convert the file to .dxf format and then open in Blender. The problem I see is that all the swords (5 in total) are simply 2d drawings, and each curve and line are seperate objects. To make these into swords you'd need to combine all the lines into one object, extrude it into 3d, make a UV map, assign it a texture, pretty much everything. They ARE cool designs though. Would be a good starting point for someone who wanted to put some work into them.

Razorpony

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w101/Razorpony/Crebain/Swords.jpg

I agree with Razorpony - they are "cool looking" swords. However, if they were real swords, with three of them you'd be adding in features which would render them either awkward or potentially breakable in use.

Referring to the image above:

Top row, left-hand sword: The blade would have two almost inevitable break points, at the point where the blade narrowed to half width, and again where it returned to full width. The saw-tooth effect between those two points would be a further source of weak points, and would be a swine to manufacture, and especially to clean. The change in width would also snag on armour badly, and the sawtooth area would hang up on cloth and leather.

Top row, third sword and bottom row: The pointed areas on the blade would produce a potential fracture above each point. They would also tend to "hang up" in on opponent, snagging on bones, leather, cloth and armour, leaving you unable to defend against a second opponent.

The hilt designs, however, look very functional, and the styling on the pommel and guard look perfectly ok to me. Maybe restore the full blade width on the first sword, and try a Flambergé effect along the edge of the other two sword blades rather than the points.

Hi Razorpony - I guess it's true! I also get twitchy about many of the armours people upload - they often seem to be designed to guide a sword to the most painful or damaging bits of the wearer's anatomy. I'm too much of an engineer for my own good, perhaps.