ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

New Settlement Quests Instead of Defend/Kill Quests.

aariq

Is it possible to give priority to quests that unlock new settlements over the other radiant quests?

I have played Fallout 4 for a while now and I have all but one settlement (Somerville Place.) But all I get from Garvey are settlement defense or kill quests. In a hundred plus hours of play, I can't get the quest to unlock that settlement. I have tried listening to the radio and talking to the man who runs the farm. The only option I have left is to kill the settler and scare off his children to claim it for myself.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could make a mod for this.

Thanks.

Also, if this mod already exists, please link it. I have searched and found nothing.

Edited by aariq

You don't have to wait for Preston to give you a quest to get a new settlement. I always just go to an unclaimed settlement when I want it, and then just talk to the settlers and get the quest from them, kill them, or kill whatever enemies are preventing me from gaining the settlement.

Just keep talking to the settlers, you'll eventually get the quest to get the settlement.

Sorry, I haven't got a solution in terms of modding, but I've had a few instances in-game where if you just go to the settlement and approach the settler, they will ask for your help directly. You can then do their mission and gain access to the workshop, just as if Garvey had given you the mission himself. Not sure if that helps, but if you haven't done so already, I guess it's worth a try.

Edited by crawe1x

I have accepted that this won't fix my current play through. Even if I had gotten the final settlement, I found it incredibly annoying to get dozens of quests from Preston in between every new settlement quest. I did go to most of the settlements without his help, but some of them just wouldn't unlock without Preston. If there was a script to set them as primary then all will be well. Once all settlements are open then have the radiant quests. (radiant quests are a lazy way to extend gameplay and I hope that Bethesda limits these type of quests in future games.)

You don't have to wait for Preston to give you a quest to get a new settlement. I always just go to an unclaimed settlement when I want it, and then just talk to the settlers and get the quest from them, kill them, or kill whatever enemies are preventing me from gaining the settlement.

Just keep talking to the settlers, you'll eventually get the quest to get the settlement.

I stated in my first post that talking to the settler doesn't work. I appreciate the reply but would prefer if you read the entire post before jumping to conclusions. (That's not meant for you crawe1x.) I'm sorry if that makes me sound like a jerk.

I have accepted that this won't fix my current play through. Even if I had gotten the final settlement, I found it incredibly annoying to get dozens of quests from Preston in between every new settlement quest. I did go to most of the settlements without his help, but some of them just wouldn't unlock without Preston. If there was a script to set them as primary then all will be well. Once all settlements are open then have the radiant quests. (radiant quests are a lazy way to extend gameplay and I hope that Bethesda limits these type of quests in future games.)

I stated in my first post that talking to the settler doesn't work. I appreciate the reply but would prefer if you read the entire post before jumping to conclusions. (That's not meant for you crawe1x.) I'm sorry if that makes me sound like a jerk.

I had a settlement that I had to go back to every few levels before they would give me the quest to unlock it.

I had a settlement that I had to go back to every few levels before they would give me the quest to unlock it.

I understand. I made it a point to travel there on a regular basis throughout 20 or more levels. I Tried talking to the guy. I tried spawning monsters and "saving" him. I tried clearing out all of the local monster dens. He never asks for help. I've even tried setting ownership of the workbench. Garvey just gives me Greenskin, Ghoul, or Kidnapping quests. I'm at the whim of random chance and it hasn't worked out yet. I could just kill the guy. His kids would run away and I could build, but I'd feel like ass.

That's why I was hoping for a script or something that would re-prioritize those quests. I guess I'll have to wait until the GECK comes out and try my own hand. I'm no good at scripting though.

Edited by aariq