Codsworth Stuck

Aterr

On the very first quest, Codsworth begins his search of the Neighborhood and just keeps going from room to room in the first house... Not sure if I have a mod causing the problem or if he is just in some sort of loop,,, really annoying...

Mods

Fallout4.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
CWP - Experimental.ESM=1
Snap'n Build.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
N7-Armor-Standalone_by_Ruddy88.esp=1
EasyHacking.esp=1
EasyLockpicking.esp=1
BrighterSettlementLights_ExtraBrightv1.1.esp=1
MoreBeards2.esp=1
PrestonGarveyV1.esp=1
PaladinDanseRF.esp=1
MamaMurphyV1.esp=1
MagnoliaBeautyV1.esp=1
MacCreadyV1.esp=1
IrmaNEWV1.esp=1
DocAmariV1.esp=1
CurieBeautyV1.esp=1
CaitBeautyV1.5.esp=1
PiperBeautyV2.esp=1
AlternateSettlements.esp=0
SkjAlert_S+.esp=1
DD_I_Ran_Out_Of_Funny_Names.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-ClimateSettings.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-Performance-Fog.esp=1
AdvSettleTurretSet-RealNP.esp=1
Simple Intersection.esp=1
Buildable_PAFrame_v1.3.esp=1
UNnaked Power Armor.esp=1
Scrapper Corpse Highlighting.esp=1
SettlementContainers_NoRespawn.esp=1
ImmersiveScrapping.esp=1
RezSettlerMakeover.esp=1
Settlement Aid Program EASY.esp=1
Homemaker - Bunker Disabler SK.esp=1
Homemaker - SK Integration Patch.esp=1
Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp=1
Snap'n Build - Modules.esp=1
Snap'n Build - Patches.esp=1
SuperAffinity.esp=1
NoAffinityCooldown.esp=1
CroupEstate.esp=1
MY-VIS-KeyNuke-Patch.esp=1
LovingCurie_DarkHair.esp=1
Beautiful Female Enemies.esp=1
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp=1
LovingPiper.esp=1
Scrap Everything.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1

Yes, I had stopped just before I got the "Discovered Sanctuary" I was debating on installing a Beautiful Sanctuary MOD for this play through, but decided against it as I had massive pathing problems the last time I installed it. I did load that save, then approached Codsworth and reinitiated dialog. I have done this 3 times... the last two times I shut down completely and tried again. Now, I am here :laugh:

Nothing is sticking out at me, but that doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't see anything. I would (and I know this is annoying) either try a from beginning or start removing mods one at a time to see if one is the culprit.

Do you recall how many you have added since the last time you have gone through the beginning here?

I just did a primary google search and it seems like your issue has been happening even without mods. Try starting a new game just to see if it happens again. Or make sure all the bugs are killed. I had this similar issue in a settlement and the issue was the enemy had fallen under the ground I had to go TCL to kill it then it was fine.

Since I started this thread, I have completely uninstalled all of my mods, started all over from the beginning... he is Still getting stuck at the first house... If I recall, I think he was supposed to kill some Rad Roaches in there and they have not spawned... I am at a loss.

EDIT: Spawning some Rad Roaches did not work either... I tried to Console finish the quest but apparently I am doing it wrong.... Arrgh!

You may just have to bite the bullet and reinstall the entire thing after deleting the fallout 4 and the documents folders. If you want to save things make it a zip file and put it elsewhere for now but you are going to have to get rid of the saves and ini files and all that stuff.

Just start fresh and add in only one mod at a time. I would in fact wait until you get out past the initial first quest there and pick up the Lexington and Concord one then add mods in one at a time.

I am at a loss also unfortunately and other than starting from a fresh install (yes I know it is awful) I am unsure how to go at this point. I'll keep looking around for you though. If you do find an answer please come back and post it for anyone else. Good luck!

I actually gave up for now... I went back to a very old save, from another play through, right after I had completed that particular quest. Reinstalling the game is very costly for me, as I do not have DSL...I have a 30gb limit on my MiFi device and 10gb on my HughesNet system, both of which I use for work. If I still had 19 gigs left at the end of my cycle, I might just do that reinstall. Good luck to you as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...