In terms of humanity, where are we headed?

Keanumoreira

I think we as a species need to redefine ourselves.

We need to set politics and religion aside.

As to where we are heading, same thing different day.

That's nearly impossilbe without having an angry mob banging down your door.

Religion is what built our civilizations in the first place, make no mistake. Politics are what built our modern world. Ignore these two, people will never come to simply because it's in our lives and most of the population of the world is either stubborn, selfish, or doesn't see the point in changing anything.

Edited by Keanumoreira

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Religion is what built our civilizations in the first place, make no mistake. Politics are what built our modern world. Ignore these two, people will never come to simply because it's in our lives and most of the population of the world is either stubborn, selfish, or doesn't see the point in changing anything.

That works out rather well, as politics are religion are going to be the downfall of our modern world too......

That works out rather well, as politics are religion are going to be the downfall of our modern world too......

I've been trying to avoid this one due to site rules but while one of the two items listed above are not needed, politics is a necessary evil. If we don't settle our differences though politics it will be through violence. Peaceful resolution of our differences is what politics is designed to achieve.

Edited by csgators

Then a balancing effect is in need of order. You can't get rid of the two, but you also can't have so much bickering either.

Edited by Keanumoreira

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke (attributed)

One of my favorite quotes, and actually part of my email signature block at the moment. I did not realize it was only attributed, though. I would most definitely agree to this, though. Too often do we look at things and say it's someone else's job, so I'll not bother.

I've been trying to avoid this one due to site rules but while one of the two items listed above are not needed, politics is a necessary evil. If we don't settle our differences though politics it will be through violence. Peaceful resolution of our differences is what politics is designed to achieve.

I'd have to agree, though I think there are some things that should change about the way politics are, and have been, done. On some hands, I see an ideal of what I would like. On other hands, I see the 'necessary evil' side of the world, where things have to be done differently and sometimes far from by the book. Without politics, in some form, we're little more than barbarians. Even at the most base level, relationships between you and your neighbors is a very small form of politics.

That being said, the way politics are done in some countries I don't particularly care for. Right now I'm speaking mostly of America, and how so much of law has become so frivolous. Suing over hot coffee? Really? Who even let that get to court? And I could just go through a list of absolutely ridiculous laws and lawsuits that have gone through just in the past 5 years alone, and that's just America. I'm sure the rest of the world has it's share of similar issues.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke (attributed)

One of my favorite quotes, and actually part of my email signature block at the moment. I did not realize it was only attributed, though. I would most definitely agree to this, though. Too often do we look at things and say it's someone else's job, so I'll not bother.

I'd have to agree, though I think there are some things that should change about the way politics are, and have been, done. On some hands, I see an ideal of what I would like. On other hands, I see the 'necessary evil' side of the world, where things have to be done differently and sometimes far from by the book. Without politics, in some form, we're little more than barbarians. Even at the most base level, relationships between you and your neighbors is a very small form of politics.

That being said, the way politics are done in some countries I don't particularly care for. Right now I'm speaking mostly of America, and how so much of law has become so frivolous. Suing over hot coffee? Really? Who even let that get to court? And I could just go through a list of absolutely ridiculous laws and lawsuits that have gone through just in the past 5 years alone, and that's just America. I'm sure the rest of the world has it's share of similar issues.

Yeah...like suing a man from a burgular who broke his leg on his lawn. Shows you how corrupt the judicial system has become. I imagine it is the same elsewhere too.

I guess I will make a real answer now.

Humanity is going nowhere at this rate.

We will keep working for the same people and buying from the same corporations.

Humanities future seems kind of blank to me, just a repetitive process of labor and profit.

I guess I will make a real answer now.

Humanity is going nowhere at this rate.

We will keep working for the same people and buying from the same corporations.

Humanities future seems kind of blank to me, just a repetitive process of labor and profit.

Yes...perhaps something more hopeful? If there be any...

I've got no hope for the future from seeing the majority of people around me, someone seriously thought both world war's were really old film's. I nearly passed out from the amount of stupid that was thrown at me. We'll do as human's do best: Build thing's then destroy them out of shear ignorance.